Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
may_flowers

Turquoise, yellow, and black color scheme?

Gracie
11 years ago

We have a small sitting area at the top of the stairs we'd like to redecorate. We are painting it and the adjacent open stairwell and hallway to the bedrooms BM #205, Simply Irresistible, which looks like French vanilla ice cream and a tad more yellow in bright light. We'll need curtains, a small end table and loveseat, a lamp, and artwork. There's also a bump-in on one wall that we'll turn into a desk area. We last decorated a room seven years ago, so I'm not sure what's current in color schemes.

I have a wall shelf in the sitting area that is painted deep turquoise where I display my great grandmother's handpainted china and some yellow and pink Depression glass pieces. This is the only area in the house where it looks good, so I plan to keep it here. It suddenly occurred to me to use the turquoise as part of the color scheme in curtains and/or loveseat. I love black as an accent and thought it might go good with turquoise and pale yellow, possibly in the lamp base or a black end table.

Is this a good color scheme? Will I be able to find ready-made curtains, loveseat, and accessories in these colors? How would you use these colors in the pieces we plan to buy?Thank you!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES