Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

revisiting... what should I do with these windows!

tinker_2006
11 years ago

sorry - I know I have a lot of pots cooking on the stove! We bought this house 1-1/2 years ago, and have been restoring it non-stop. We finally moved in 8 months ago, and I'm really just starting to feel like it is coming together!

Beautiful, bay front view. I had first thought NOT to put any blinds or curtains up at all - leave the windows naked, but I felt naked! So I started in the kitchen and sunroom/office added with blinds. It hampered the view just a little, but with the Florida sun, it is nice to adjust the brightness. I liked it so much- I decided to add them to the bedrooms.

The way our house is, anyone who comes to the front door - they are standing at a large picture window looking in. At night.. I feel like we are on TV, and we have a lot of walkers and I just decided to put up blinds in this room as well. I hung them yesterday, and I already am happy I did.

(EXCUSE THE CURTAINS - I'M PLANNING ON CHANGING THEM TO SHEER LINENS)

From Sideboard Makeover
From Sideboard Makeover

So, every room across the front of the house (kitchen, sunroom, dining room, laundry, bedrooms have blinds.. except my living room. Looking at the house from the outside, I think it would look better with blinds, inside - I'm not so sure. DO you think it would flow better if I added blinds to the living room windows?

From Sideboard Makeover

ALL windows except the centered front have blinds. (picture hard to see)

From Sideboard Makeover

Comments (6)