Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wifisker

Remember this kitchen?

Jess TKA
11 years ago

We finally closed on the house yesterday! I went over there right after and started on all the prep work for having the kitchen cabinets painted, though I still have more to do tonight before the painter begins tomorrow.

Cabinets will be soft white and the island will also be the same color... at least for now. (I previously wanted a contrasting island color but we couldn't decide on one and I'm fickle so we can always repaint if we don't like it.) I want to update the kitchen lighting but that will have to wait a bit, along with the diamond pattern travertine backsplash that I think clashes with the granite.

QUESTIONS / PLEA FOR HELP:

- I'm approaching panic mode with needing to buy new knobs and pulls. I want cup pulls for the drawers and simple knobs for doors. Can't decide between flat black, ORB or chrome! Any votes?

- Hinges... We're getting rid of all the old brassy hinges and as much as I would love the European concealed hinges, DH isn't excited about all the work we have to do already and would veto needing to drill all these cabs with a forstner bit to get them to work. What do you think would be the least conspicuous alternative hinge style? I know nothing about hinge types and looking online made my head swirl.

Thank you all so much!!!

Comments (9)