Houzz Logo Print
chijim

Head's Up...New Sarah's Hse Series starts today 09/01

chijim
11 years ago

HGTV

Sept 1st, 1-3pm CT, 2-4pm ET

Swpt 8th 1-3pm T, 2-4pm ET

Sarah and Tommy are working on/customizing new construction in this 8 part series.

Comments (24)

• pugga
    11 years ago

Yippee! Running off to set the DVR right now.

• donnamp14
    11 years ago

Jim! You just made my day! I set the DVR to record the series. She is my all time fave. Thanks!

-Donna

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Thanks for the notice. This was my least favorite of the series, but I'd rather watch this than the other stuff that's offered on HGTV. I know I'll probably get backlash, but the blue dining room in this house is the ugliest room I've ever seen Sarah design. I think some people who saw it in person said it looked better in real life than it did on television.

• arcy_gw
    11 years ago

I too found this this morning! I have my afternoon planned!

• chijim
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Episode Guide

September 01, 2:00 pm
    Living Room

FLSRA-402H
    In the developer's original plans the living room in this large suburban home was chopped into two small rooms. A floorplan tweak results in one larger, formal entertaining space scaled to the size of this home. Sarah Richardson and design

Get episode info

September 01, 2:30 pm
    First Impressions

September 01, 3:00 pm
    Kitchen

September 01, 3:30 pm
    Family Room

September 03, 8:30 am
    Kitchen and Dining Room

September 08, 2:00 pm
    Craft Room

September 08, 2:30 pm
    Boy's Bed & Bath

September 08, 3:00 pm
    Master Bedroom

September 08, 3:30 pm
    Master Ensuite

September 08, 4:00 pm
    Rec Room

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Thanks for letting us know -- I love Sarah Richardson (and Tommy)!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! recording and watching now!

Wahoo! An HGTV show that's watchable!!!

• likewhatyoudo
    11 years ago

Watching now! DVR set...

• happyintexas
    11 years ago

Noooooooooooo! I missed it!

Bummer. I switched on HGTV when I read this and that awful "Donna Decorates Dallas' is on. Yuck.

• rmcdaniel
    11 years ago

I feel kind of gypped! I checked the HGTV Canada site and they list THIRTEEN episodes of Sarah's House Season 4...looks like we aren't getting to see all the episodes. They seem to be skipping the "Find & Buy," "Girl's Bedroom" and "Curb Appeal (Finale)" episodes for some reason. I hope I can watch them online; I like to see all the episodes in order and I really like the finales.

• ratherbesewing
    11 years ago

I KNOW this is a crazy question, but I have to wonder why HGTV put on 4 episodes back-to-back on a Saturday afternoon. Don't they want viewers?

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

I thought the episodes began Sept. 15th? boo. Well, like happyafwife, perhaps I can find them online. :(

• sombreuil_mongrel
    11 years ago

She's a nice person and her style is all right I guess; I only hope she stays forever away from historic houses, because her two forays into old-house-dom have been disasters. Not any worse than TOH, and certainly better than the flip shows, but still a callous disregard for the old structures and what they have to say.
    Casey

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

I thought they were "new" shows. But they must just be new to US viewers. These are from 2010 according to the info on the show's description.

I actually like the concept of customizing the builder basic house. I feel that's what we just went through, although ours didn't seem as stress-free as hers...

:)

• rosie
    11 years ago

I appreciated one incident showing it's okay to tell the contractor to take a hike with an overpriced item by suggesting viewers can put in a cheap one and later shop for something they really like. Wish she could have done it a lot more. Business realities or no, I don't really appreciate a show demonstrating how to line up for a whole builder's catalog of vigorous milkings because, after all, it'll be paid for over the next 30 years at X interest.

BTW, when she said the kitchen cabinets were $600 for a drawer, she did mean that entire drawer stack, right?

• citywoman2012
    11 years ago

I watched the shows....back to back.
    I love her taste and visions and love that
    she knows when she makes a mistake in a choice.
    Lucky her she gets to correct her mistakes,
    seems like I don't realize the mistake until its
    laid, glued, installed , hung or painted. Lol

Her taste is so me . Love her.

• chijim
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Reminder, they're going to show the DR tomorrow morning 7:30am CT/8:30am ET

Also, there will be 6 episodes next Sat with the finale.

"BTW, when she said the kitchen cabinets were $600 for a drawer, she did mean that entire drawer stack, right?"

No, just for one drawer. Custom/semi-custom is $$$.

• allison0704
    11 years ago

Are these shows from 2012? My DVR recorded shows that say originally aired several years ago.

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    11 years ago

Thanks, chijim. Why on earth is this worthy decor show relegated to daytime, And 1'000 house hunters shows get prime time? sheesh

• arcy_gw
    11 years ago

Her hair made me wonder if this series was actually older. It is new to me and I do enjoy watching her process and hearing her logic. I rarely agree with her reasoning when she justifies how much she spent, and could not live in most of her rooms, but her shows are still my number one on HGTV, by a long shot!! I would be very interested to watch what she would do with an average home on a REAL budget, a modest, "real life" budget. I REALLY REALLY want to see how she has lived with REAL children, toys, etc. Her pre-kid "kid friendly" decorating was so far from practical and reality. She doesn't have boys that I know of and her hubby doesn't seem the hunting/fishing/fix it guy type, so I do not think she has a clue the challenge it can be to live with a "garage-mahall" type man.

• sapphire6917
    11 years ago

She has had some rooms that I've liked a lot but her idea of a budget is so out of my world that it's hard for me to appreciate the design. I would expect those kind of numbers from a Candice Olson design because almost all of the furniture in her designs are custom and she seems to go more for the glam, bordering over-the-top. Sarah's room have that everyday look with an over-the-top price tag.

But I'll watch every show she's ever made before I watch one of those "Donna Does Dallas" shows!

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

I found blog below that has lots of still photos of the shows, if you'd like to see them.

Here is a link that might be useful: blog with Sarah's House photo

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

I went to HGTV's site and found Season 4, but when I clicked to play the first video it says "they are not available in USA".:( I'll just wait until this Saturday to catch some of them.

• loribee
    11 years ago

I taped the LR show. No one mixes patterns like she does! :)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022