Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
riff3

Curtains for boys bedroom - help please!

Cheryl
11 years ago

I am updating DS2's bedroom from his old PBkids space themed room. He didn't want me to change his blue and green striped walls. Also, he only likes quilts, not duvets. I bought a basic navy PBkids quilt. Am recovering his padded headboard with striped navy/white fabric - picture shows it draped over but not stapled on yet.

What should I do for his curtains? He has only 1 window. Have brought home plain navy panels from target and JCP - they are so thin and skimpy. Attached picture shows 2 target panels on 1 side of window, that is how skimpy they are. Plus the navy with the plain navy quilt looks so blah. I know his room already has a lot going on, but he is 12 and likes color/pattern. I tried white cotton drapes from PB, but they just looked out of place - too much white without anything tying them to the rest of the room. He likes curtains to pull over the blinds at night as his room gets much morning sun.

Ideas I've thought of include making a box cornice out of striped fabric and putting it over the skimpy navy drapes, or adding a white ribbon to the edge of the navy drapes. Any other ideas are welcome. Maybe a pattern or herringbone or something? Do I go with navy or something else? A 63" that hits at the end of the window molding or 84"?

Thanks for your help!

Comments (8)