Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roarahgw

after years of stripping I finally put something on

roarah
9 years ago

I spent months of my life stripping thousands of square feet of wall paper in my present house, but lately I have been loving pattern so I papered my small front vestibule. Since I hate stripping it I decided to use a trendy pattern in a removable type so I think now that I know I can line a pattern up pretty well I most likely will use proper paper in the near future. This "room" is really just a tiny closet so I went fun instead of traditional it is busy but for now I am kinda digging it and I am really proud of my corners :).

Comments (21)

• ellendi
    9 years ago

You should be proud! Thanks for the fun title, it gave me a chuckleðÂÂÂ

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Oh i love it, an unexpected twist. And I know I am just a lemming, but I am suddenly wanting to wallpaper everything, too! I can't remember know why we all hated it?

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    9 years ago

Very refreshing! But where'd you hide your pole? :)
    MTN, two things that hurt wp: the all neutral Belgian farmhouse trend, along with the constant fear of removal chore should one tire of the look.
    I'm very glad to see its return. I failed cut and paste in kindergarten;
    so envious of your skill, *roadshow. Nice!
    *roarah...ha! Ipad spell correct cracks me up....sometimes :/

• amykath
    9 years ago

Love it you stripper you! ;)

• madeyna
    9 years ago

Love it!

• mallorygins
    9 years ago

This is beautiful! I would LOVE to put wallpaper up as accent walls. I have seen it done beautifully on Property Brothers show. I didn't know there existed an "easy removal" kind!

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

I've always loved wallpaper although changing it out is never a fun process. The right paper in the right place can be smashing and yours looks wonderful! Fun post.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

It's beautiful. I have always loved wallpaper! I'm just non trendy enough to catch this one on the upswing. You should be very proud of those corners, very professional looking.

• annkh_nd
    9 years ago

Beautiful job!

My Mom had a wallpapering business for a while, and papered 3 rooms in my house (two bathrooms and a hall). If the wall is prepped correctly, wallpaper comes off pretty easily. Mom recommended painting with oil-based paint before wallpapering.

Of course, some papers are a pain to hang and a pain to remove.

I did some stenciling in my new kitchen, and plan to stencil a wall in the family room this winter. It's fun, and easier to cover than wp!

• awm03
    9 years ago

That's fantastic, roarah -- so chic! What brand and pattern is that?

Funny, I spent time online last week looking at wallpapers. What do our wallpaper cravings say about design trends? ;)

• Jules
    9 years ago

Fabulous!

I want to wallpaper, too. Can't wait to start looking for patterns.

• funkyart
    9 years ago

Fabulous! Love the look and you did a fantastic job!

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Wow! Your corners are so well-done. Congratulate yourself on a job well-done.

• teacats
    9 years ago

A wonderful dash of pattern -- and you are so wise to recognize (and therefore plan for) the hassle of "well, time for a change!" LOL! :)

Very well done! :)

• roarah
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh thanks for the praise:). I think the bleak economy and years of neutrally dominant decor has left us craving a bit more interest maybe. Mtr. I love your beach home's wallpapered rooms it was what started me thinking I was ready to try a small dose!

There are many different removable brands of wallpaper even Sherman Williams carry some but I must embarrassingly admit that mine is from none other than Devine and found in the decor aisles of your local Target. I picked it to practice with but am happy enough to keep it til it fails to make me smile. It was not super cheap though, it runs about $30 per 3ft of wall this tiny closet used three of their rolls.

This post was edited by roarah on Mon, Sep 15, 14 at 14:44

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    9 years ago

I think that is an adorable space -- good job!

• lam702
    9 years ago

Very nice job on the corner! No offense, but I hate wallpaper. I loved it in the past, and always had my bathrooms and kitchens papered. But, I found I tired of the patterns very quickly, and removing it was a big PITA! Even the so called strippable papers were a nightmare to remove. And hanging it isn't a lot of fun either. That aside, yours looks great!

• caminnc
    9 years ago

I think you have it covered, well done!

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

It adds just the right punch.....the matching corners are flawless! Great job!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    9 years ago

Maybe it's pathetic (no!), but when I read your post, nothing else occurred to me except what you really meant.

No, that's not true. I thought you had finally stained a piece of furniture (or woodwork)

Whatever, it looks GREAT!

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    9 years ago

Love the pasties.