Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wifisker

"Glitter walls" before and after

Jess TKA
11 years ago

I posted this "before" picture previously on my kitchen sneak peek thread. This is the sitting room in our new house and it came with bandaid colored walls that had blackish splotches and glitter all over. Just thought you might like to see how it looks after we painted it SW Kilim Beige. It looks a little bit yellow in this pic but I think that's due to the lighting - which I hope to someday replace.

Comments (13)

• Jess TKA
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And here's the after.

We don't have a lot of furniture to go in this room yet but we're moving in tomorrow and it will likely have two small brown leather chairs with a table and lamp between them until I find a small sofa to go in there instead. I also need to figure out what I'm going to hang over the ugly faux lava rock fireplace's mantel that's in the same room.

• Jess TKA
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just for fun, here's a picture of the fireplace I'll be working around.

• caminnc
    11 years ago

Very nice. So cozy too!

• nancybee_2010
    11 years ago

Hard to believe what some people will do to their walls. It looks great now!

• mellyc123
    11 years ago

Maybe they were on an HGTV makeover and the designer was trying to glam it up....

• neetsiepie
    11 years ago

Oh man, blast from the past...we had the same type of fireplace the house I grew up in. Loved that stupid fireplace, but then, I was just a kid.

• SunnyCottage
    11 years ago

Glitter! Oh my! Actually, that kinda reminds of when I thought that this was a great look for my walls:

Isn't it nice to have a neat, clean look instead? I love the change in your room. I hope you'll share photos when the room is finished/furnished!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Big difference! I love how you are transforming your new house!

• Tmnca
    11 years ago

Wow what a difference a coat of paint can make! It looks miles better. The fireplace makeover above looks like it would really work for yours too!

• Jess TKA
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Olychick, I really like how that fireplace facelift looks! I've considered something like that but my goal is to hopefully have the fireplace completely redone with new stone in the future so I haven't decided if trying to paint it would be worth it in the interim. I haven't ruled it out though so I might have to keep the example you shared as an inspiration photo. :)

• User
    11 years ago

I love paint and your room is another example of why.

• bethohio3
    11 years ago

We had a brick fireplace that went up to the ceiling. We drywalled over the area above the mantle (which was almost exactly 8 ft wide by 4 ft high).

I liked it so much better once the brick was "toned down" to just being around the fireplace.