Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deeinohio

My new porch ceiling - Thanks Funcolors!

deeinohio
11 years ago

DH finally got up the new porch ceiling, painted in a gorgeous Ohio Haint Blue, using the formula created by Funcolors on her trip to a house in Dresden, Ohio.

We added our new ceiling lights to match those on the garage. We couldn't afford the porch lights after paying for the other onion lights on the outside when we built 15 years ago, but we used the same Massachusetts company who made our lights back then. So happy they're still in business!

Anyway.... I love it, so wanted to give a shout-out to Funcolors.

Dee

Comments (21)

• ksoxgrl
    11 years ago

Beautiful color and love the light, can you tell me what company in mass you purchased it from, is it in Sandwich?

• tuesday_2008
    11 years ago

Beautiful Haint Blue and gorgeous light! How is your flooring project coming along?

• lolauren
    11 years ago

Dee -- that's beautiful. My poor DH doesn't know you two are inspiring me to follow suit. :) What did it look like before?

• User
    11 years ago

Dee...gorgeous color and wonderful light ! I love my Haint Blue ceiling also and had fc to thank for her suggestions when I was doing mine. I had the benefit of finding the original color under the newer paint. Yours looks splendid . c

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

That is dead bang perfect.
    And gorgeous.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    11 years ago

Holy cow! The real star is the beautiful job - the finish looks flawless and the fixture is perfection! TY for sharing pix, Dee. (hugs)

Trailrunner sent me an actual piece of her original haint blue painted porch ceiling. It's sitting in my pencil cup 'cuz it's pretty and I like it. :)

• mahatmacat1
    11 years ago

Perfection on all counts : ) Good work, funcolors & dee!

• bestyears
    11 years ago

Be still my heart......

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

That is very pretty. Looks like my kitchen ceiling!

• bestyears
    11 years ago

Be still my heart......

• User
    11 years ago

fc...now that is a sweet thing to share...thank you. c

• Arapaho-Rd
    11 years ago

Nothing like a porch and to have one with a ceiling as pretty as that! Just lovely.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

It's so pretty!

I wish I had a front porch period! I would gladly paint the ceiling any color!

• graywings123
    11 years ago

Lovely!

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!

• nini804
    11 years ago

How wonderful! It looks gorgeous against your soft yellow siding. We have a "haint blue" ceiling on our covered rear terrace and love it. We have v-groove boards...it looks very similar to yours. Is yours beadboard? It looks wider than most beadboard, almost as wide as our boards. It looks really gorgeous! I know you must be so happy!

• mary_ruth
    11 years ago

Gorgeous ceiling!

• deeinohio
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for such kind words. And, honestly, this is just one of the projects inspired by the greatness that is Gardenweb!

ksoxgirl: The company is Newstamp; I had thought it was Sandwich Lantern until I found the original catalog. There are 2 on the porch, one on each side. I wanted 3 but DH is 6'4", DS is 6'5", and it would have compromised their headroom.

tuesday: Thanks for asking about the floor. We are still getting things back in place. Unfortunately, DH moved a large piece into the family room and scuffed the floor. We then hired movers to move everything else back in ($145 for 1 hour's work...stupid at our age not to do it when we moved things out).

Funcolors: I repeated your compliment to DH, who said, "Don't look at it too closely". But, he grinned and I know it made him feel good.

Thanks you for taking the time to compliment my ceiling: bronwynsmom, flyleft, bestyears, lolauren, arapho, mary_ruth, graywings, cat_mom, gssciencechick.

trailrunner: I remember your porch and how beautiful it is. This will be the original haint blue for our home for some future homeowner!

nini: Yes, it's beadboard. ( I guess, but I'm not sure what v-groom is) We also have beadboard in the cathedral ceiling of our sunroom. I've been eyeing that, too....

You all made my day!

Dee

• User
    11 years ago

thankyou dee !! Your home is SO beautiful and your DH is an amazing craftsman...tell him I said so...would love to see the smile ;) c

• loribee
    11 years ago

How pretty...good for you!! :)

• dedtired
    11 years ago

Ooo, pretty shade of blue. My porch ceiling also is blue. The color is SW Atmospheric. I have a picture somewhere and will post it if I can find it.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio