Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using Design-Seeds....Part II

Posted by AnnieDeighnaugh (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 9:35

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using Design-Seeds....Part II

This is my very very favorite thread. Hope you never stop :)

o

Me too, thanks Annie.

o

o

Nice, jrueter!

o

Annie, I love the cranberry and taupe together. I agree with pug and woodie. Please keep doing this thread!

o

How do you specify two colors? And is there a way to find a specific color or do you just shift the bars around until you are as close as you can get?

Also, does anyone else get stuck on design seeds with a long running script?

This post was edited by marti8a on Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 23:02

o

You can't specify 2 colors.

You can play with the color slides to generate the shade you want, or you can find a close shade in a seed and then select it under "see similar colors" to see what turns up..

In houzz.com, you can specify 2 colors by description by searching on, e.g., +blue +red.

o

o

Love blue and cocoa brown together.

o

I swear I was just about to post a question about using a slate blue with shades of cream and tan! Other than more blues and browns, and ideas on an accent color? The voice in my head is whispering pink, but I don't know. I see tiny bits of green in those pics. And orange, but I really strongly dislike orange.

o

Slate blue, cream, tan...all very neutral, so you add almost any number color with it....

I know you said you don't like orange, but how about coral?

lavender

rose

light blue

gold

teal

red

brick

Or you can go with pink

o

Here's the blue, tan and cream with pink.

The pink has to be the right shade based on the shade of tan...those are the 2 colors with the most potential for conflict....

o

First attempt at creating an on line color combo...it's a bit of a pain the way I did it using encycolorpedia.com (thank you williamsem!) and colorcombos.com.

If someone knows of a better, easier way, please let me know.

o

OK, I just tried color palette FX and I'm not pleased with the result. It seems to have missed the lovely turquoise of the water....the soft green it selected, unless it's because of the colors surrounding it...doesn't have enough blue for my eye. Also the picture uploaded can be a max of 1mg.

Perhaps this is why design-seeds does it by human eye, not by computerized color matching. The eye can be deceived.

But if you are at a loss and need a place to start, this would be one way of doing it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Color Palette FX

o

Today's design seed...once again, lets try to coordinate the main living spaces of a home.

Here's the inspiration....it gives us blue, green, tan, beige and gray to play with. These colors all play nicely together, so we can use them in any combination and intensity to blend the rooms.

How about this kitchen which picks up on the green and beige and the stainless applainces are the gray.

The green in the foyer, looking into the blue and beige in the dining room

Take the tan, gray and beige out of the stone fireplace to keep the family room more relaxing.

Maybe a sun porch that feels light and bright.

The formal living room goes blue and beige and tan

Maybe go with the gray and beige in the powder room, with just a hint of the blue accent.

o

I wish I understood how these things work. I know where you get the design seeds, but where do you then get the inspiration pictures -- are these things you find online somehow, or are you making them up yourself?

o

The vast majority of the room pictures are coming from houzz.com. Sometimes I go to another source. Most of the rooms have the designer credited in the caption. I'm not making up any of the rooms myself. I'm just finding design seeds and rooms that work together as a way to illustrate how a color inspiration can be used in different rooms and with what effect.

o

Annie, could you 'do' a design seed that would include black, cream, and coral? I already have the black/cream as the primary colors, and gold as secondary. I have been loooooonging to bring in the coral and still keep the gold(upholstered pieces)but need to see how it would look since it's such a big step for me. Can you help? TIA

o

Well, I don't create the design seeds, but I can look for one for you.

o

o

patty-cakes, there's coral and then there's coral...some are more orange some are more pink. It's hard to find one with the cream as opposed to white as typically that is not a color she pulls out of the picture, though it may be in there. Maybe these design-seeds will help.

o

Some room ideas... and be sure to check the blog linked below...she has lots of coral ideas...

Here is a link that might be useful: Best Coral paint colors

This post was edited by AnnieDeighnaugh on Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 8:28

o

Annie, since you don't make these up yourself, how do you go about finding inspiration pictures that use the particular colors of a design seed? (I'd like to be able to find for myself with the colors I want, without having to ask you to do my work for me!).

o

Go to houzz.com and search on a particular color, like coral...the more unique, the better. Or you can search on 2 colors like +coral +gold.

Then you can go on google and search for "coral room decor" and see what comes up. You can find rooms under images and maybe links to blogs or Pinterest that include those color rooms.

There's no mystery and it's not hard...it just takes a little time, but it's fun...try it!

o

I wanted to point out that at jrueter's post above with the cranberry and brown fire truck that the art itself can be a design seed for that room. Note how the colors in the fire truck art are picked up and used throughout the room...the brown in the bedding, walls and window treatment, the cranberry in the pillows, bedding and night stands, and even the yellow #9 in the truck reappears in the toy at the foot of the bed. Great example of how to use a color inspiration to create a room.

o

So over a year ago, I started a "patchwork quilt" out of small crocheted granny squares. I haven't quite finished the squares...I still have about 90 to do, but 700 are complete. I was scrolling through some pics and came across the templates I made to help me decide what colors to use to make the quilt. They reminded me of some discussion we had on how a design seed can lead you to a color combo, but how and how much of the color is applied makes a tremendous impact on the look of the room. A single color scheme can create something you love or hate, depending on how it's used.

So here are the quilt templates to illustrate how different it can all look...all of the same colors are used in each template, and each template is exactly the same pattern. Note too, as you look at each one, to what your eye is drawn. For example, a little bit of white against the navy can have a dramatic impact due to the contrast. The red can be dark or bold, depending on what's around it.

o

Very interesting and enlightening thread about color!

o

That's amazing, Annie. Thanks for the education !

o

I never would have believed that all the squares were the same design as they all look different to me.

o

o

o

o

I love the blues and greens together!

o

Jungle color inspiration need not read jungle or tropical in the room.

Phoebe Howard:

o

o

Your turn to play!

Here's a lovely open space, foyer, living room and dining room..powder room if you wish too. Pick a design seed and then tell me how you would use it in the space...be specific about what colors you would do where. You can include however much furniture and accessories you want. Best part, unlimited budget! Have fun!

o

Today's design seed....autumnal colors make me think of warm and woodsy, old colonial style. But it can add warmth to a contemporary room as well.

o

Re yesterday's teal and orange - who knew my mother was "trendy"? (turquoise, orange and brown was her favorite color combination!)

o

Food as inspiration...who doesn't like caprese?

But green and red need not go christmas

And get a load of the squiggly snakey back splash

o

o

o

I just had so much fun catching up on this thread, Annie! Some of the rooms you've selected really speak to me. But I must admit that the oversized cat wall decal terrifies me! ;)

o

o

My rustic instinct loves the wood wall. But sure doesn't read contemporary to me.

Keep waiting for a design seed with my colors to show up. But realized my rug is one. Guess I need to head over and input the colors. Finding a room example may not happen. How do you do this part?

I'm still having fun with this, please do not stop. So, thanks for taking so much time to make my day.

o

Post a pic of your rug and I'll see what I can do.

o

o

o

Nice!

o

Finally. I have been waiting for my design seed to show up. Paprika/Teal. The colors are all there in different balances and I need a tad more green in the teal. Now that it is Fall, I realized your design seeds for me were all around. With the exception of yellow/gold...am not a yellow person. Have always known I was Fall dress wise, but never looked this close in decorating until you started these threads.

o

technicolor, post a pic of your rug...I'd love to see it....

You can go to design seeds and select palette search, then select autumn...you'll find lots of wonderful fall color palettes that may help you. This time of year, I lean towards a lot of the luscious tones.

This post was edited by AnnieDeighnaugh on Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 19:23

o

Annie, I've found a color combination that my husband and I agree we both really like. The problem is there are just two main colors in the picture (blue and tan) and one "secondary color" (I think I see some green), and I don't know how to create/find a design seed/palette to help me "expand" it. Can you help (you don't have to do my research for me LOL, just point me in the right direction if you would). Thanks.

o

Sjhockey, for fun, above is a link to color palette fx website. Just for fun, plug your pic in and see what colors come out.

I'm seeing the browns in the floor, the gray/green walls, a couple of shades of blue in the baskets, and a touch of green and a touch of brass in the basket knob.

When I get a chance, I'll look for some design seeds to see if I can find something.

o

OK, so for fun, I ran your pic through the colorpalette fx and this is what it generated...note how it picks out the tones in the flooring to get those deep rich purple colors...fascinating how many colors are in there.

If you do it yourself, it will actually allow you to scroll over each color and get the hex codes for it....those numbers you can then run through encycolorpedia and it will suggest branded paint color names to match.

o

technicolor, if you wanted, you could take a picture of your rug and run it through the colorpalette fx too and see what comes out...it's fascinating to see the results.

o

Picking up on the blue with the gold in the basket....this doesn't have quite as much green, but it's a lovely palette

This one goes with the deeper orange vs. the tan in the basket, but picks up better and the green in the blue tones

This one has those colors, but in a much brighter color way

And here's one that picks up on the colors in your pic and adds a lot more from the red side of the color wheel

o

I like the "sliced tones" mineral colors above so much that I had to go find a room that works with it.

o

I've really been enjoying this thread!

It's reminded me that I can decorate in my primary colors of white, soft blue, silver/chrome, light wood and then use a varying mix of accent colors through the changing seasons.

I live in the cold north of Michigan where we already had a dusting of snow last night and may get 100" of snowfall per year, yet I'm building a beach house on Lake Michigan. So I have to work with that dichotomy and have been thinking about how I can alter the beach feel in the dead of winter.

Adding warm browns and grays through pillows, throws and decorative pieces will work; I saved your "soft blue and cocoa brown" inspiration above. Hadn't considered adding brown because I don't want that look during summer, but a few pieces added in the off season will help set the right mood. And then I can change it up by adding citrus green and turquoise in the spring and maybe some orange during autumn.

I was trying to pick a certain color palette and was limiting myself, but I'm really liking this idea of using a larger array of colors.

Love the sliced tones!

Here's my view, which offers its own color inspiration.

o

JuJu, what a lovely view you will have!

o

Annie,
You are so great to go the extra mile. Hang in there with me, I have a full day and will take a photo tomorrow. Thanks for wanting to look at my colors. I'll post other tidbits of what my room is about.

o

jujubean how gorgeous is that! But 100" of snow? No thanks!

I love the idea of using the neutral backdrop and then changing up the accents to see you through the wide seasonal swings.

If you've never seen the Sandra Lee show, semi homemade, you might want to take a look. She has a cooking program where she does literally everything to match....she makes a meal, does a table scape to coordinate, then dresses to coordinate and even her kitchen gets a redo to coordinate with the color scheme. Not that I'm recommending that, but it's interesting to see how much a neutral backdrop can change with a few simple swap outs.

o

Annie, you are a gem! Thank you so much.

<<>>

I do want a nicely decorated apartment, but this would just never happen, so I have to do it right the first time!

o

Oh boy ... Sandra Lee. Not so sure about her decorating, but I would like her to mix me some cocktails at my new house. She definitely knows her alcohol! ;-)

I totally know where you're coming from, Annie. Thanks.

o

Annie...here is a pic of my rug you asked for. The colors are closer to real towards the front of photo. Oddly, this rug came about because I came across the greatest deep seated down couch, just made for naps. In brown, which is not me, but have actually acquired a comfort level with it. Eventually the color will be changed with a tailored slipcover, one at hand in beige.

Because of the brown I had to start looking for a rug. Major addiction to Kilims and have more than I should, this one is layered over two others (a solution to storage). My colors are always include brick//green/beige, and lean towards Rustic. So the style is also not the norm, but love the colors and this one has not been changed out as others have. It reminds me of PA Dutch. I chose this for the brown vein twigs.

Rug is 10 X 14, the squares are 18"X20". It is an anchor point for living area in a 20 X 26 LR which includes a walk through from the front door. Am in an 1100 bungalow. Walls are light beige, a large fireplace which I painted a very deep green (almost black) and plantation shutters on a huge 12' long window. At hand is Brick corduroy to upholster existing chair/ottoman (also deep seated with down).

When taking a pic of the rug I realized my art also has the same colors in varied amounts. They could be design seeds of their own too.

Apology to other posters, this became a long post. After thought that probably should be one of it's own.

o

Photos of lithos. Called Double Back, find the bear.

o

I ran the pic of your rug through color palette fx and this is what came out:

o

Here's a design seed with your colors, with lavender thrown in...

Here's another with your colors without the sage green

Here's another without the light blue and with a little deeper green

o

o

Annie, after my whining you are still hanging in there with me. Oddly, this morning while looking for cell phones, I ran across a room which is off from stated personal tastes above. Other than the wood bed and accents, I could enjoy this room's colors. The darker brown pillow is very like my brown couch fabric/color.

Similar to the last photos you posted, there are options not thought of. Time for a more open mind at my end. Ooops, forgot where this even came from and should have tagged the photo resource.

o

Pretty combo!

o

o

Here's a room that is its own design seed in the form of the banded art work highlighting the various colors that appear throughout the room...

In fact, I really like that idea. It would be so easy to make the art out of fabrics already used in the room simply by sewing them together and then stretching them on a frame....a real budget-wise solution to filling a large space on the wall.

This post was edited by AnnieDeighnaugh on Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 9:14

o

Today's design seed...

...immediately brings Phoebe Howard to mind

o

o

Great job, jreuter. I ask again, how did you find those pictures - did you google search the colors in the Design Seed?

o

Go to Houzz...
In the search box up top
put in the main colors you want to connect to.

Here is a link that might be useful: Houzz

o

Just like forboystoo said.

Then I just scroll through the hits until I find ones I like. I usually keep a separate window open with the DesignSeed so I can refer to it as I am scrolling. It is a fun way to spend some time once in while.

If you have a particular room (bedroom, kitchen...) or style (traditional, modern...) you want to focus on you can also use the options on the left to narrow your search

o

Hi Annie, waaaaaay back I asked about a design seed using coral, as I thought I could/would change out colors I've used the last five years, Fact:it isn't going to happen! I just returned from an 18 day vacation with a friend, talking continuously about what I would consider a huge undertaking. This is my best-est of friends(50+ years!) who would never give me a 'bumb steer' and directly asked me WHY I would even consider changing what I love? That did it for me!

I thank you for your time and effort putting together the pictorial. It's awesome to visually see colors, that if the time were right, could be created in one's own home. If change in surroundings were easier for me, I would do it in a hot New York minute, but I rest my case. However, picking up and moving to a completely different state or even a country is a piece of cake.

I can only hope that in the notnto distant future I tire of what I currently have, and can open myself to change. For the moment I'm staying put, and hopefully others don't see me as being in a rut. ;o)

o

Nothing wrong with being in a rut if it's velvet lined and makes you happy! Sometimes the best change is no change at all.

o

Annie, I don't know why, but feel you really DO understand what I mean! As for a 'velvet lined rut', yeah, it is pretty plush. ;o)

o

o

o

Annie, thank you so much for doing this. I like using "Chip It" but have not explored actually applying it to a room. This helps so much-- what a great way to learn and challenge ourselves. You have such a great eye.

ALSO-- one of the pics you posted gave me a good idea. I was just thinking how the bottom of my slipcovers look so blah. Well, you posted a pic of one with TRIM on the bottom. Brilliant. That seems like an easy and fun fix. I am going to do it, once I get the rest of my colors and patterns in place.

THANK you!!!

o

Another thankful poster. I have absolutely no talent for decorating - I'm always afraid I'll make an expensive mistake and then have to live with it.

Is there a simple way to save your Design Seeds?
I'd love to create a little portfolio that I can use as a reference. This is exactly the type of tutorial I need.

If you'd publish it - I'd buy it!

o

You're most welcome. I'm so glad you find this useful. I find it fun to do! And I'm delighted when others post their design seeds and room inspirations as well.

The design seeds are available at design-seeds.com and most of the pics, though not all, come from houzz.com. So I suppose if you want to save it, you can pin the photos in pinterest.... You can also create your own design seed using color palette fx. The results aren't ideal, but they can be very helpful in spotting colors and shades that are in the image that you may not see at first and it can help you pinpoint an exact color.

Also, if you do a google search on design seeds and some color names like gold and navy, images will pull up design seeds that others have saved.

o

o

Decided to take on todays Design Seed as I have some time, I'm between projects.
I think this would be a challenging one to live with, as far as interiors go.

o

Great job, mlw! That is a challenging palette.

o

Annie must be busy, so I'm going to jump in again and post todays design seed. This is really fun!

Upholstery Fabric Jonathan Adler for Kravet

Kravet wallpaper and drapery fabric

Drapery Fabric, Gaston Y Daniela for Brunschwig and Fils

And Brunschwig and Fils Digbys Tent Linen Print Pomegranate adn Blue

Thought I'd change it up and post Home Dec Fabrics today.

edit, checked later on my iphone, and the Anna French for Thibaut colors looked so different I couldn't see the design seed in them, so swapped it out.

This post was edited by mlweaving_Marji on Sat, Nov 9, 13 at 18:11

o

Love it, mlw! I so enjoy seeing what others come up with. Great job...you clearly have an eye for color.

o

Those are great. Am impressed with those of you doing this on your own. I need to jump in. There are so many colors and combinations I never considered would be liked personally. Just saw on the SW page that they have the same program to play with their colors. The color blog guru is going to get some competition.

If Annie shows up, we need Part III. Taking forever to drag to the bottom and I want more.

o

Just hit "post a follow up" which will bring you to the bottom of the thread and then you can scroll up.

o

Thanks Annie....apparently my brain is becoming slow.

o

Annie, not meaning to hijack your concept or thread here. I love seeing what you come up with, would be interesting to see what you come up with for these same seeds.
Todays design seeds appear more Spring summer in concept to me than Fall.

This post was edited by mlweaving_Marji on Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 16:25

o

Not hijacking at all. Love seeing your choices! Carry on.

o

o

I've been trying to remember my art class days and the percentage of color to area relative to how the rooms work so well. It is 60/30/10. This is a percentage to a given color, not a hue/saturation, but relative to the basic color wheel itself.

I'm not going further with this as to exact formulas. It can become very complicated and probably bore you along with myself. My take is by the eye though, thankfully as the colors themselves are more wonderful to work with than numbers. But these percentages are what make the rooms work so well in wall, furniture, accessory colors.

When you "see" what may seem like 5 or 7 colors, they are still mixtures of the basic color wheel. Red doesn't show up in the photos posted, but it is still there as a mixture within the brown. Remember the 3 basic colors to mix for brown, purple and orange? I think this is what we really see within the seeds and how the computer "thinks" when generating the colors.

I'm on a thinking process today, and an analytical, so if this is off the chart for seeds....just ignore me. Fascinating at this end. And it is time to head outside to touch up the "white" front porch before the temps fall below paint adhesion.

o

technicolor, I think I understand what you are trying to say in the first part...that there is a pleasing balance to % of colors used in a room....like 60% tan, 30% white, 10% navy. But I'm not sure how that works when, say, one color is extremely intense vs the others so even at 10% that shocking pink may be too much where it might not be at 5%.

I'm not sure where you were going with the second part and how a computer "thinks" about color....but I think what you are saying is how the colors are created (by mixing other colors) helps determine how well they will coordinate. But I'm not sure that's where you were going.

Would be great if you would clarify.

o

o

Annie...The formula is based on red, blue, yellow. The colors which show up with design seeds are a mixture of such. Ignore the RBY and consider the hues which are created with Seeds.

If I were painting a piece of art and wanted red to be the 60, it would be in various shades, hues, intensities and with other colors mixed in. Not necessarily a pure red. This is why I said it could become a math equation steering towards complicated. But it is also why the colors we see with design seeds are comfortable to our eye and what intrigued me as to the rooms and their balance in using colors created.

You may not go for the brightest pink shown for 60, although someone might. But could fall into various pinks shown as 60. An example is the last pic posted. Regardless of shades, Brown is most likely a 60, green/blue 30 and coral 10. In the previous pic, green/blue is 60, beige 30 and coral 10. This is a personal take and am obviously not measuring anything.

Rules can always be broken, but my eye is seeing the balance fairly close. I think it is why we can look at accessories and wonder how someone made them work in specific colors of the total room. Plus the talent of decorators may be pure design talent which creates the wonderful rooms.

Now that I've written this, it probably should have been a totally separate post. With words of wisdom from artists for explaining the concept.

o

Ah I see...very interesting. Posting it here is perfectly fine. There are all sorts of things like golden mean in decorating and color formulas as you mentioned which lend a room an especial attraction which a novice like me can't put a finger on ... instead for me it resides in the "I know I like it when I see it." But I love learning about such things...it helps educate my eye and my brain. Thanks!

o

o

Technicolor, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the proportions. Thanks for posting all that. It's going to take a few go-rounds for me to work through it.

I honestly can say I wish it were as easy for me to apply all this to my own space as it is to pick out pictures of what Others have put together and matching it to a design seed.
The proportion thing has always been tricky for me.

o

Even though I can see the concept in photos posted, this doesn't mean it is easy for me to follow in personal decor either. I am loving all the photos and color options...some of which are outside of my normal comfort level. Suspect Annie is far beyond in skill with all. And think it is great so many are jumping in with their own. Great learning experience and appreciate her taking so much time teaching us.

o

Thank you for the kind words, but hardly skilled...I just like colors...too much sniffing the box of crayolas when I was a kid!
;)

To me, color combos can be as delicious as a hot fudge sundae....feasts for the eyes instead of the gut. Maybe that should be my new diet plan! Every time I crave sweets, look at design seeds instead!

And mlweaving, you are doing a great job with the color and the rooms...thanks!

o

LOL Annie.
Totally OT, but that brings to mind the story of the woman who supposedly lost a lot of weight, close to 100lbs IIRC, by watching the movie Dirty Dancing. Evidently instead of eating she would just pop in the video again....
hmm, Design Seeds or movies, interesting weight loss strategies.

From the pictures you've posted here of your own home, on various threads it's obvious that you're talented at putting things together. Do you have a design background?

My experience with color comes from working with textiles and creating textiles. It's micro, whereas this home dec stuff is macro and I think it's harder to get it right.

o

No I don't have a design background at all, other than what I learned from watching Christopher Lowell or Lynette Jennings. But my mother was a sewist and she made all my clothes when I was growing up...I used to design my own wardrobe, pick fabrics, mix and match, and she'd make it for me. I was also allowed to decorate my room as I wished (including having the mattress on the floor in my "hippie" days) and it was great fun. I've always been sensitive to my environment and needed my surroundings to feel comfortable and be well balanced.

It's so funny as the principles for the exterior are the same as the interior, but somehow decorating porches and patios or landscaping are beyond me. Somehow I do so much better when the space is defined by walls.

I had a similar reaction when I was working on this house and had to select tile. I can walk into any fabric store, no matter how large, and feel quite comfortable despite the cacophony of pattern, texture, colors....but when I started selecting tile, I was confused and struggled with where to look and how to put it together. I realized it was because the fabrics are "done" but tiling a room is like designing the fabric...you are selecting the colors, the patterns, the textures to put together to create the "fabric" if you will. Once I realized that, I got a lot more comfortable and did better.

So I think applying your color, pattern, texture skills is the same thing, only in reverse...I had to learn to go small, you need to find a way to go big. Once you realize it's all the same thing, you'll be more comfortable with it.

o

so my exercise in design today trying to proportion the colors well
Yesterday's Design Seed

find a rug - which will be at bottom of this post as I can't get it to show here

Add a sofa and 2 chairs from Layla Grace
Add Alison Evans signature coffee table bowl

Add a sofa table (Kathy Kuo Home) and two green lamps
And Paint the walls Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue, which, according to your lighting (and monitor) may or may not work!

60% Blue, 30%"fog" and 10% green. I've had the hardest time with that 10% color. I think I've still got the lamps wrong.

here's one the pro's did

This post was edited by mlweaving_Marji on Sun, Nov 17, 13 at 10:48

o

Nice. When putting the room together, think about using accessories as that 10%...a picture, a pillow, a throw... and sprinkling it about the room so it makes sense. Putting the 10% in one item in one place typically does not. The rug you selected is lovely. But you've really created a terrific story board for your room. Well done!

o

o

The green in the bowl is wonderful. I would head there rather than the intense green. As mentioned before, the added color in design seeds throws me off.

I love the muted fabric design in last pic, Annie. And the color of that wall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here