Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bbstx

Mrs. Blandings Chooses Paint Colors

bbstx
9 years ago

Found this is on Mary Ruth's Pinterest Board. It is too funny/true not to share. Make sure you watch to the end.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mrs. Blandings

Comments (16)

• rgps
    9 years ago

Love it!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

ROFL! That's hilarious.

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Ha, ha!!!! I never knew where Mrs. Blandings got her name . . .

Here is a link that might be useful: http://mrsblandings.blogspot.com/

• Jules
    9 years ago

Hahahahaha.

That's so us!

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    9 years ago

LOL -- that's definitely what my DH hears when we have those kind of chats ;-)

• caroline94535
    9 years ago

I am Mrs. Blandings and my husband is the painter.

He says he has 16 bit color; that's all anyone needs.

Poor, confused soul!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Too funny! also true as can be.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Love that movie...and Myrna Loy!

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

There is, or was, a poster here with the handle "Mr. Blandings." Always cracked me up when I saw his name!

• chucksmom
    9 years ago

It's my all time FAVORITE movie. If you have never seen it, you're really missing out on a gem.
    "Mr. Blandings builds his dream house"

This post was edited by jaysmom49 on Fri, Sep 19, 14 at 19:12

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

One my my favorite scenes in that film! Thanks for the reminder and the video.

Teresa

• kitschykitch
    9 years ago

Very funny. And I thought it was HGTV that made us all this crazy. Apparently it's nothing new.

• sundownr
    9 years ago

Love that movie! I've seen it so many times and it's great every time.

My contractor is color blind so he's no help. :) He paints everything Kilim Beige.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    9 years ago

If Mrs. Blandings understood how to use color notations, none of them would have had to suffer through all that.

Good God, I would need copious amounts of wine and regular naps if that were my color reality.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Reminds me of the old joke. I worked at corporate and part of what we did every year was spend a week working with Habitat for Humanity which was an experience ... probably the most expensive building projects ever done considering you'd have things like a doctor and a lawyer hammering nails...and given how bad and how slow they were at it....

Anyway, here's the joke.

Walking through the building at habitat, and picking paint colors...the home owner says, "I'd like a pretty yellow in the kitchen." The supervisor says, "OK, yellow in the kitchen." He leans out the window and hollers "Green side up!" They go into the dining room and the home owner says, "I'd like the dining room to be beige." The supervisor says, "OK beige in the dining room." He then leans out the window and hollers, "Green side up boys!" They go into the living room and the home owner says, "I think the living room should be a pretty soft blue." The supervisor says, "OK, blue in the living room." He leans out the window and says, "Green side up!"

The home owner starts getting nervous and says, "I told you yellow, beige and blue, and yet you keep saying green side up!" The supervisor says, "Oh don't worry about that...I've got some guys from corporate outside laying sod."

• bbstx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, Annie, that punch line caught me totally by surprise, and I literally laughed out loud! Thanks!