Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitchenkelly_gw

Favorite Rugs!

kitchenkelly
13 years ago

Since there are always so many threads on rug decisions, I thought it would be fun to post some of our favorite rugs. So let's see them! Big or small, too expensive or a great deal, one or your own or one you have seen on the web.

Here is my favorite. I bought it for my new home office but it is currently sitting in my family room until I get the office painted. I love how colorful it is. I usually tend to be on the safe/neutral side when buying rugs or furniture. I am very happy that I went out of my usual comfort zone. (Especially because it was non-returnable.)

Next!

Comments (37)

• amysrq
    13 years ago

Here's my fave:

Here's some context:

Fun topic KK! :-)

• perky_2
    13 years ago

awesome thread, I was just thinking the same thing this morning.

I am thinking the rug I just bought for my family room will eventually migrate to my dining room when we start to work on that room.

• kitchenkelly
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Great rug pesky. It is fun to move rugs around. I just moved a rug from my DR to my LR. (can't do that with carpet.)

Amy, What a great room. Love the couch and book cases (especially how the bookcase curves!) What style of couch is that? I think I need one for my ironing room.

• kjmama
    13 years ago

This is great as we are going to soon be in the rug market:) Kitchenkelly- where did you find yours. It is so pretty! I think it would be great for people to add that info too.

• perky_2
    13 years ago

I am hoping someone has a roester rug! I am looking for a breakfast nook rug.

• perky_2
    13 years ago

for those of you who don't know what a roester rug is - neither do I - supposed to read rooster.

• cocaty
    13 years ago

perky - that's a great picture of your rug. Will you tell us about it? Thanks.

• perky_2
    13 years ago

thanks cocsty. I don't know who msde it. I ordered it from a furniture shop. It is a persian rug and feels so good on the feet, after I tested the sample on my feet - I just ordered it. If you are interested I can find out who made it.

• les917
    13 years ago

Perky, would this work for you?

rooster rug

• perky_2
    13 years ago

Thanks Les! Very pretty rooster rug and a great price too!

• loribee
    13 years ago

Pretty rugs!!

I have 2 that I love:
    this persian was from my friend Jan's old home:

This one is from "O", & took a chance on buying it. Just love the colors:

• kitchenkelly
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mine is a Karastan that I got from Macy's. They were closing down their downtown Mpls rug section so everything was 75% off.

• amysrq
    13 years ago

KK, the sofa was built in 1957 for my grandmother. I think of it, and the accompanying casegoods, as Directoire-lite. ;-)

Sadly, my new living room is too small for this stuff, so it has been relegated to my teenage daughter's bedroom. That sofa is a whopping 96 inches long!

• cocaty
    13 years ago

Perky - I would be interested if it is possible to find out. I'm looking for a rug that will make or break the living room. I've found one on "O" but I'm a little scared to try it. I've done everything from Lowe's to high end carpet shops in town without success. Yours is really pretty.

• kitchenkelly
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Grandma must have been very tall.

• jejvtr
    13 years ago

Love this topic
    Then again I do love rugs

2 Favs
    Old pics

DR

LR

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

Here is one of my favorite rugs. I will take better photos of my Karastan rugs and post.

• ellendi
    13 years ago

Any rug looks better with a dog (or three) on it!

• bird_lover6
    13 years ago

Jejvtr, I just adore those green chairs! In fact, I adore the whole room! (Wish I could get a better look. :) )

• nhb22
    13 years ago

My favorite is the white "rug". Feels so good on the feet! :)
    {{!gwi}}

Here are my three favorite rugs. The larger rug in my family room (the one under Riley), a smaller rug under my breakfast table, and my bedroom area rug.

{{!gwi}}

• kitchenkelly
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The only thing better than a rug thread is a rug thread with dogs in them!

• igloochic
    13 years ago

This post is far too long to read. Can you shorten it for me so I can play too? :p. And please....bigger font and no words over five letters....too taxing on my little brain.

• kitchenkelly
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ROTFLMAO!! And if Cooper and Bailey could move their heads a bit to the left it would be perfect.

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

There.

• kitchenkelly
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You goofball! You never cease to amaze me with your silly, silly sence of humor.

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

moi?

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

KK I am serious now- took photos 2nite.all Karastans colors a bit off due to flash
    family room rug - our fav- lots of pink

dining room Heriz- with sewing machine and box of DDs college crp

living room rug a kirman panel "tea dyed" Bailey wearing her Ravens bandana

• User
    13 years ago

My fav is in my family room

{{!gwi}}

• kitchenkelly
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Such lovely rugs all of you. This is doing nothing for my new rug addiction. I have new favorites (not mine.) jejtvr's dining room rug and Cooper Bailey Sue's dining room rug. Up for a trade, ladies?

And Sue, why is Bailey wearing Raven's bandana and looking so proud?

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

Why, KK that is simple. Both Cooper and Bailey wear their purple bandanas because they are Ravens fans!

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

My poor old favorite rug became so thread bare it was not pretty any longer. SOOOOOOOOOOOO I flipped it over and the back side is actually nicer then the front side and blends in nicely with the vinyl flooring it sits on. Maybe it will last another 25 years. I won't but that rug might.

Can not get a picture of it tonight. Too much glass sitting on it.

Chris

• jerseygirl_1
    13 years ago

Here's mine:

• kitchenkelly
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Funny. I thought Raven was another dog.

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

Gimlets, again?

• kitchenkelly
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No, we have a local TV hunting show here that features Raven the black lab. It has been on forever. When the first Raven died they got a new dog and named it Raven. I hear "Raven" and think "dog" versus football team or bird.

With that said, I am sure that past gimlet consumption has done nothing for the ole brain cells.

• lizziebethtx
    13 years ago

My only rugs thus far...so they are my favorite by default, but I do love them! I originally wanted zebra but couldn't find a nice one that was also affordable.

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012