Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Xpost Will you show me your vinyl windows?

Posted by aktillery (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 2, 14 at 8:42

Hope you guys aren't sick of me yet. ; )

We are going with vinyl windows for our new build. Our trim will be off white (probably Dover White). I was curious if anyone could show me their photos of their white vinyl windows and beige from the interior of your home.
Thanks so much in advance!

We are trying to decide between the two.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Xpost Will you show me your vinyl windows?

Is this what you are looking for?

photo kitchenasof8-28007.jpg

o

Here are my white ones. The walls are a kind of sage green called Lemon Grass. It's dusk outside and I didn't use a flash so I hope this picture helps you.

o

Those are beautiful! I love your shades too. What color did you paint your trim?

Thanks for responding dedtired!

Amy

o

::: whispering :::

My name is MtnRdRedux and I have vinyl windows. (deep sigh)

I do not like them. The PO at the beachhouse put them in right before we bought the house, and I did not have the heart to change them. Everyone tells me that oceanfront homes really must have vinyl.

I am not sure if you are asking how white vinyl looks with non white trim? Our trim is white so a photo won't help.

But I do have to say this. Vinyl windows are not horrific on the exterior. But on the interior, I really miss the depth of true muntins. FWIW. Do you need vinyl in your climate? Maybe you wont have muntins?

o

No mutins. I am in Texas. Gets hot and somewhat cold for a brief period.

Thanks Mtn!

Amy

o

Yeah, they would not be my first choice. I still have the original wood windows in most of the house. They are drafty despite storm windows. The window in the picture is a room that used to be a garage, so it never had a great window there. I have to say that they are so easy to keep clean with the tilt feature. My house is a 1940's tract house, so it's not as if I am putting vinyl on a lovely historic home.

I am so tired of those cellular shades. The darn things just won't die. They are at least 15 years old. I also think that window could use a valance or something. The shades are the top down, bottom up style,which is very handy in my location.

The trim is white -- I think the color is called Camellia. I can't remember my sons' names half the time but I remember all the paint names in my house. Thanks for saying they look nice.

o

Yeah, they would not be my first choice. I still have the original wood windows in most of the house. They are drafty despite storm windows. The window in the picture is a room that used to be a garage, so it never had a great window there. I have to say that they are so easy to keep clean with the tilt feature. My house is a 1940's tract house, so it's not as if I am putting vinyl on a lovely historic home.

I am so tired of those cellular shades. The darn things just won't die. They are at least 15 years old. I also think that window could use a valance or something. The shades are the top down, bottom up style,which is very handy in my location.

The trim is white -- I think the color is called Camellia. I can't remember my sons' names half the time but I remember all the paint names in my house. Thanks for saying they look nice.

o

is there an echo in here? Sorry for the dupe. Can't seem to delete it.

o

Mine are the same (i.e. 3 windows). My trim is stained dark wood. Window Wall is BM Manchester Tan. Not the best picture I realize. Let me know if you want a closeup

o

I took a close up with our DR light on. I really like our vinyl windows (we had a really good quality vinyl clad wood window in our last home, but the vinyl windows in the house we bought are high quality too and they are super easy to open and lock.) We had casement before and I always had to close them in a light rain for fear they would damage the wood.
The windows are definitely whiter than our painted trim, but I don't think it is noticeable to most people, (especially doesn't show up in photos.)
Our trim paint is close to SW linen-(definitely a creamy off white).
Our paint color is SW Kilim Beige.

o

Detired, you are hilarious!!

Barb, love your trim and the entire room is lovely.

Karen, your windows look great!!

Thanks for sharing you guys!
Amy

o

We used Marvin windows that have wood interiors and Clad on the exteriors. You can check them out on Marvin website. Sorry for such a huge picture.
 photo image4_zps7f8ed047.jpeg

o

I wish our budget allowed for the same windows as your love. They are beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your photo.

Amy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here