Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

Xpost Will you show me your vinyl windows?

amykath
9 years ago

Hope you guys aren't sick of me yet. ; )

We are going with vinyl windows for our new build. Our trim will be off white (probably Dover White). I was curious if anyone could show me their photos of their white vinyl windows and beige from the interior of your home.
Thanks so much in advance!

We are trying to decide between the two.

Comments (13)

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

Is this what you are looking for?

• dedtired
    9 years ago

Here are my white ones. The walls are a kind of sage green called Lemon Grass. It's dusk outside and I didn't use a flash so I hope this picture helps you.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Those are beautiful! I love your shades too. What color did you paint your trim?

Thanks for responding dedtired!

Amy

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

::: whispering :::

My name is MtnRdRedux and I have vinyl windows. (deep sigh)

I do not like them. The PO at the beachhouse put them in right before we bought the house, and I did not have the heart to change them. Everyone tells me that oceanfront homes really must have vinyl.

I am not sure if you are asking how white vinyl looks with non white trim? Our trim is white so a photo won't help.

But I do have to say this. Vinyl windows are not horrific on the exterior. But on the interior, I really miss the depth of true muntins. FWIW. Do you need vinyl in your climate? Maybe you wont have muntins?

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No mutins. I am in Texas. Gets hot and somewhat cold for a brief period.

Thanks Mtn!

Amy

• dedtired
    9 years ago

Yeah, they would not be my first choice. I still have the original wood windows in most of the house. They are drafty despite storm windows. The window in the picture is a room that used to be a garage, so it never had a great window there. I have to say that they are so easy to keep clean with the tilt feature. My house is a 1940's tract house, so it's not as if I am putting vinyl on a lovely historic home.

I am so tired of those cellular shades. The darn things just won't die. They are at least 15 years old. I also think that window could use a valance or something. The shades are the top down, bottom up style,which is very handy in my location.

The trim is white -- I think the color is called Camellia. I can't remember my sons' names half the time but I remember all the paint names in my house. Thanks for saying they look nice.

• dedtired
    9 years ago

Yeah, they would not be my first choice. I still have the original wood windows in most of the house. They are drafty despite storm windows. The window in the picture is a room that used to be a garage, so it never had a great window there. I have to say that they are so easy to keep clean with the tilt feature. My house is a 1940's tract house, so it's not as if I am putting vinyl on a lovely historic home.

I am so tired of those cellular shades. The darn things just won't die. They are at least 15 years old. I also think that window could use a valance or something. The shades are the top down, bottom up style,which is very handy in my location.

The trim is white -- I think the color is called Camellia. I can't remember my sons' names half the time but I remember all the paint names in my house. Thanks for saying they look nice.

• dedtired
    9 years ago

is there an echo in here? Sorry for the dupe. Can't seem to delete it.

• barbarany
    9 years ago

Mine are the same (i.e. 3 windows). My trim is stained dark wood. Window Wall is BM Manchester Tan. Not the best picture I realize. Let me know if you want a closeup

• Karenseb
    9 years ago

I took a close up with our DR light on. I really like our vinyl windows (we had a really good quality vinyl clad wood window in our last home, but the vinyl windows in the house we bought are high quality too and they are super easy to open and lock.) We had casement before and I always had to close them in a light rain for fear they would damage the wood.
    The windows are definitely whiter than our painted trim, but I don't think it is noticeable to most people, (especially doesn't show up in photos.)
    Our trim paint is close to SW linen-(definitely a creamy off white).
    Our paint color is SW Kilim Beige.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Detired, you are hilarious!!

Barb, love your trim and the entire room is lovely.

Karen, your windows look great!!

Thanks for sharing you guys!
    Amy

• lovestowalk
    9 years ago

We used Marvin windows that have wood interiors and Clad on the exteriors. You can check them out on Marvin website. Sorry for such a huge picture.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I wish our budget allowed for the same windows as your love. They are beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your photo.

Amy