Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

Paintergirl....What a talent you are!!!!

msrose
13 years ago

I looked at your webpage and was amazed by the talent you have and just wanted everyone else to see (hope you don't mind). The first thing that caught my attention was the faux bois and how much it looks like the real thing and the gorgeous murals. I want a mural in my house now! I adore the bench and window painting at the end of the hall. What a great idea.

I sure wish you were in Texas!

Laurie

Here is a link that might be useful: Paintergirl's website

Comments (30)

• ttodd
    13 years ago

Wow! Thank you so much for posting the link. I'm amazed and thrilled to see your work paintergirl! I felt great joy and inspiration looking at it!

• paintergirl94
    13 years ago

Laurie,
    I'm not sure how to thank you. I'm sitting here at my keyboard feeling completely humbled by your words.
    I don't live in Texas, but if you ever want a mural, I'll paint it on canvas and mail it to you.
    You have made my day, to say the least.
    Robin

• tricia560
    13 years ago

Oh my goodness, I have to agree with the others; I wouldn't walk on that Koi pond floor cloth for fear of getting my feet wet. wow, just amazing!

• gracie01 zone5 SW of Chicago
    13 years ago

Fantastic work; you are blessed with such talent! OK, now tell me, do you lie on a scaffold to do those ceilings? My neck hurts just painting a plain ceiling!

• Lyban zone 4
    13 years ago

Paintergirl,
    I have told you before but I could mention it a million more times,your work is awesome.
    Love everything you do.
    I would love to have your eye and talent.

• paintergirl94
    13 years ago

I'm gonna print out this post and read it every morning! Maybe I'll keep a copy in the car and read it when I get to the jobsite.
    Thank you so much everyone!

Gracie, I do have scaffolding, but never paint lying down. The hardest part about working on scaffold is having to keep climbing down to look at the work. But, every job has its ups and downs! Get it? Just a little muralist humor.

Thanks Lyban...

• User
    13 years ago

WOW! I know you said you did professional painting for a living but you've been quite modest. You're blessed with an amazing gift!

The fabric in the power room I actually thought was real fabric. As I was clicking on the picture I wondered why would anyone want fabric on the walls - how would you dust it? :) Ha.

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

Good gracious! The work posted on your website is extraordinary PG! You have enormous talent. Your work is just outstanding.

You must enjoy what you do, & the recipients of your craft must be elated with the beauty you create in their homes. Fabulous!

• User
    13 years ago

Do you have a website? I'm assuming this is the gallery from the site. Do you ship paintings/pillows?

• gobruno
    13 years ago

Wow paintergirl! Great work! Seriously, where are you located? After seeing many poorly executed murals and faux techniques, you really appreciate how difficult it must be to not make this stuff look cheesey. You do a brilliant job.

• hoosiergirl
    13 years ago

Incredible work, Robin! I especially liked the faux linen, trompe l'oeil birds and the pig being carried away by balloons! "You have talent" is such an understatement! How long have your been doing this? How did you get started? (Just curious -- feel free to ignore my nosiness!)

• elsa42
    13 years ago

Holy moly!
    Did you say humbled?? That, my dear girl, is what the rest of us are feeling right now!

• polly929
    13 years ago

WOW!!!!!!

What talent, absolutely beautiful!! Where are you located?

• pamelah
    13 years ago

Robin:
    Your work is beautiful! I am happy to have the opportunity to see the many beautiful surfaces you have created.
    Bravo!
    Pamela

• teacats
    13 years ago

Incredible talent! :)

My favorite was the sepia-toned mural -- just wonderful work!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

• Kathleen McGuire
    13 years ago

OMG! I am TOTALLY inspired! Not that I can do any of it, lol, but painting chandelier lampshades I might be able to handle! High five from me! I am in awe of your talent!

• wi-sailorgirl
    13 years ago

Wow ... that's amazing. The faux bois work is the best I've ever seen. And I love the parrots ... the snake, not so much, but I guess those people loved it.

• paintergirl94
    13 years ago

Again, thank you! I do hope I inspire/help people to use decorative painting in their homes. And, if it's just a painted lampshade...Great!! There's nothing more rewarding than stepping back and looking at what you have done. Maybe it's not perfect, or you wish you had done something differently, who cares. Use that knowledge on your next project. For the most part, it's only paint.
    The snake sailorgirl, is in a vet's office. I agree, it is a little freaky, but it's in the room where the dr. who cares for exotic animals works. There are also ferrets and rabbits in that room.
    Hoosiergirl, I studied art in college and got my BFA in printmaking and illustration. I've been doing this for about 15 years. Before that I worked in publishing, graphics and fashion. Oh, and throw in a couple of kids!
    Sheesharee, I used to have a website, but not one stitch of business from it, so I got rid of it. All my business comes from word-of-mouth. I just started blogging and still trying to find my voice. Like, trying to figure out what people want to read. Do we need another how-to site? I don't think so. Do people want to read about how I work through a project? I don't know. Maybe someone here will have some suggestions for me!
    As for the pillows, I sell them (for now) through Green Chimneys in Brewster, NY. I donate a portion of the proceeds to them. Eventually, there will be a website for the pillows, but not yet. BTW, I don't do the sewing, the woman who does that part is amazing. If anyone needs an upholsterer in the NY area, she's it.
    And Polly, I'm in CT.
    I really do appreciate all your kind words!!

• kitchenkelly
    13 years ago

Amazing. You are truly a talented artist.

• xantippe
    13 years ago

Wow! I thought the crayons were real. I thought to myself, "why did she leave those crayons when she was taking a picture" and then I read the caption!

• htnspz
    13 years ago

That is some great work!!! Normally, I dislike faux finishes, murals etc but when it's done well, it's amazing. You're a true artist!!!

• virtualaudio
    13 years ago

OMG awesome. Would you do work in CT about an hour from Brewster ?

• susanwrites
    13 years ago

Oh Paintergirl! I just had the most lovely visit with your beautiful paintings. What talent you have! In my office I have a vaulted beam ceiling, painted white, with two ugly holes left from boarding up skylights the previous owners removed. I have a vision that someday I can find a muralist half as talented as you to come paint a garden in my office.

If you ever find yourself in northern California, please let me know.

• dianalo
    13 years ago

I am in total awe! I always regretted not having a talent for painting or drawing, but despite many years as a child trying, I never got too far past stick figures, lol. I am good at Pictionary but have to rely on stencils or projectors to get anything up onto a wall.

I bow to your immense talent and only hope that a project of mine would be a fraction as amazing as yours. I am hoping to try a few things after our remodel, but could only dream of doing things as intricate and imaginative as you did. I have always loved tromp l'oeil and marvel at the beautiful examples in Europe (particularly southern Germany). Yours are as wonderful as any I have ever seen ;)

I have to ask... do you know the color green you did in your "strie" example? That is such a vibrant and pretty color.

When I saw your LI Sound murals, I was hoping you were on my side of it, lol. I am across the water from you ;) I pictured you doing a mural door for me in our bedroom. It will open into our screened in porch and I think it might be better not to have glass and have a faux view on it if the budget ever allowed!

• rafor
    13 years ago

WOW!!!!.....just.... WOW!!!!!

• moonshadow
    13 years ago

I haven't been on this side much this summer, so missed out on meeting you, paintergirl. All I can say is WOW! In a former life I loved to do faux, tole and trompe l'oeil, your level of talent and expertise is breathtaking and inspiring! Amazing how you've fused those art forms into more contemporary settings. Makes me want to unpack my paints and brushes. Here's wishing you much success in your endeavors! What a treat, thanks Laurie for sharing!

• jerseygirl_1
    13 years ago

There is nothing more that I can add to everyone's comments. Just beautiful work.

• tinam61
    13 years ago

Beautiful work, I am in awe of your talent! So glad the OP shared your website.

I particularly love the floorcloths.

tina

• paintergirl94
    13 years ago

Dianalo, the strie is linen white base and BM kiwi as the glaze. You're lucky because that may be the rare case where I used a straight formula! And, my brother lives in LI. My kids love the ferry ride into Port Jeff.
    Susanwrites, believe me, I would LOVE to find myself in Northern Cal.!
    Virualaudio, I actually live in CT about an hour from Brewster.
    Moonshadow, unpack those paints and brushes! Winter is coming, great indoor activity! Maybe we can all do a cyber-project...

I really do appreciate all the kind words!! Thank you :)

• loribee
    13 years ago

Ditto, ditto!! Such talent! :)