11 years ago

What do you notice about this kitchen?

{{!gwi}}
From a thread in "Kitchens"

(Couldn't resist.)

Comments (18)

• ksoxgrl
    11 years ago

Well I guess I'm not seeing what you're hinting at, but I think it's gorgeous. Love the panels hiding some of the appliances, the color of the cabinets, the ceiling, etc. The mix of stained and painted wood. Pretty much everything about it. The large chandelier that I probably would never have thought of for over an island. My kind of style :)

• ksoxgrl
    11 years ago

Oops, I apologize, I see that you were seeking a response from someone else :)

• kitchendetective
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Absolutely no need to apologize. The thread from which I stole the image is a 2LittleFishies thread about which of her cabinets should be yellow in her charming new kitchen. The thread has some lovely photos, if you want to see more.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

Oh no, if we bring that up again I will get yelled at again!!

: )

• lolauren
    11 years ago

I am so curious, that I promise not to yell if you tell...... :)

• Oakley
    11 years ago

No RED? ;)

• CLBlakey
    11 years ago

I won't yell either

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

::: sigh :::

I have a few still life oil paintings. My range is free standing and it is against the back of my family room fireplace, so it is a stone wall.

I wanted to hang an oil painting on the stone wall over my stove and asked advice. Some people accused me of not valuing art.

As it so happens, my range is pretty large and the last section of it is a stainless countertop. Over just that area, I hung a specimen box of quail eggs. My oils are in the breakfast room.

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

Oh, no, you wretched philistine; you careless destructor; you desecrator of art and enemy of culture; get thee behind me, begone, vamoose; you have no power here!

Does that about cover it...?
    ;~)

• Oakley
    11 years ago

Well, I was close but totally missed the connection! An oil painting behind a stove...well, adding more oil to the painting will only make it prettier. :)

• ILoveRed
    11 years ago

Funny thread and my question is totally OT. I love this kitchen. Do you think this island is hickory?

• kitchendetective
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oakley gets points for excellent guesses. ;)
    Bronwynsmom nails it, as usual.
    Red_lover, I had the same thought. LOL. Sure looks like hickory, huh? But a bit reddish? Here's a photo from Banks Cabinets from Bing Images of hickory cabs.

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

That I have a painting of dancing bears too? only mine is in the livingroom. :) sorry, about the flash.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

My still life over my cooktop is in tile...best of both worlds?

• Oakley
    11 years ago

Okay darnit! Now I want a dancing bear picture! I'm going to try to find a small one for my picture wall.

Annie, the still life is nice. Perfect match for your kitchen. Looking at your wreath makes me sad. Just this morning I had to throw away a nice (and expensive!) dried flower Spring wreath. It finally bit the dust. :(

Is it too early to hang up a Christmas wreath? Hee.

• chispa
    11 years ago

Well, if I was given a creepy dancing bear oil painting I would hang it behind my stove and hope for a grease fire!! lol

Wouldn't the painting warp/melt. I know when I have my 6 burner + griddle stove running a few burners sometimes the stainless built-in "backsplash" will make a popping sound - like metal expanding and contracting. Wouldn't the painting suffer a worse fate? Either there are special paintings for this application or the homeowner does no cooking at all.

• kswl2
    11 years ago

So mtnredux is going to get a pass for what amounts to the callous cooking of quail eggs over her range top??? Tee hee...

• funkyart
    11 years ago

Different strokes.. I dont find the dancing bears creepy at all. I think they are charming and whimsical. I've thought about getting a print many times over the years .. the only reason I have resisted is because I am (slowly) attempting to replace all prints with artwork.