Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy a Chrome Cafe Rod?

Posted by bellajourney (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 7:52

Hi everyone!

I can't for the life of me find a polished chrome cafe rod like the one linked below.

I want to put up lightweight cafe curtains in our bathrooms. Both rooms have chrome hardware (close to the windows as well), and the only dainty cafe rods that I can find are satin nickel.

Do chrome cafe rods exist? Any ideas?

Thank you!!

Here is a link that might be useful: chrome cafe rod (out of stock)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy a Chrome Cafe Rod?

I'd find one you like and use chrome spray paint, which is available at WalMart, HD, Lowes....

o

Would nickel finish be close enough? There seem to be a lot of them in that color.

o

Here is one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sears

o

Run a google image search on polished chrome cafe rod. There are dozens available. Also look at stores like TJMax, Ross, etc. And your hardware store. You are right about having a hard time finding them. I wonder if they are called polished nickle now.

Spray painting is a great idea suggested by My3dogs. Use an automotive chome/silver. Works far better than home spray paint.

o

Arapahoe...Gads, you are sure better than I am. That one never showed up.

o

my3dogs - If I can't find one to purchase, I will give the spray painting a try. Thank you!

graywings - Thanks for your suggestion! I already have some satin nickel cafe rods and they don't look good with the chrome bathroom fixtures at all. Maybe a polished nickel would work? Hmmm...

arapaho - Ah!! I was so excited to see your link! That is Exactly what I'm looking for. I tried to purchase it immediately - But - it is a Canadian website, and they won't ship to the US. DRAT!! Sooo close!!! Thanks for trying!

technicolor - Thanks for your reply! I've tried tons of searches on google, Amazon, ebay, thefind.com, etc. for "chrome cafe rod" - and only found that one link that says it's discontinued. If you find some that are available for sale - please let me know! I'll take a look at the stores you suggested. It seems like it should be such an easy thing to find. So frustrating!

o

Here's another but they're expensive.

Here is a link that might be useful: Angela Rose Distributing in Georgia

o

and another...

Here is a link that might be useful: The Curtain Rod Shop

o

This place offers polished aluminum. Small rod or large.
Here's the link for the small-

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique Drapery Rod Co.

o

arapaho - Thank you so much for all of your searching! I'm afraid those options are out of budget though. :( But, I truly appreciate the effort! Thank you, again!!

o

The text in your original link says that the rods you like are made by Kenny Manufacturing. They don't sell their products on their website, but you could try contacting them to see if they can point you to a store where you can get the rods.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kenny Manufacturing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here