Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another color undertone question

Posted by deee (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 5:37

I am searching for window treatments for a large room that gets tons of natural light. The room is painted with Ben Moore Aura in monterey white.

Sometimes the room is a pale butter color and sometimes it looks light khaki. Occasionally the paint looks pale chartreuse which is really awful.

It just dawned on that since I have to cover ten windows, a panel that looks nice as a sample may bring out the pale green monster when I cover all the windows.

I plan on doing a burlap textured tan. I'm assuming that I need to avoid panels that have a green undertone. Are there any other shades I should avoid? Or any shades I should use to counteract the greenish tint? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another color undertone question

Is the green coming from reflected light off the lawn?

I would go with khaki that generally has a *slight pinkish or grey lavender undertone. The thing that you have to be careful with then is that when the room is lit from within, that the yellowish tone of the walls does not bring out the pink or lavender undertones in the burlap too much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here