Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaynes123_gw

Comforter set #1 or set #2

jaynes123_gw
9 years ago

SORRY -- This wont let me change title.

II decided instead of just two to request you pick some of your favs from all 15 comforters , starting with your most favorite.

No paints picked so please just pick based on comforter looks themselves.

This post was edited by Jaynes123 on Sat, Sep 27, 14 at 7:12

Comments (21)

• deegw
    9 years ago

Edited to add - You added more while I was posting! Still like three the best.

I am on a navy blue kick too. Some of these are really cute. I am writing this post and scrolling back up. I'm not ranking, just making short comments about each one

Number three with the bold print is my favorite.

12 The comforter print is ok, don't like the bed skirt

1. The big navy band is too strong for the flowery print

2. Too much of the same print.

9 So close to being great. The yellow is a little harsh

8. No. Looks heavy and a little like a casket liner.

7. Cute. Jacobean print can look dated but this one is nicely done.

6. Kind of boring

5. Nice but the color might be hard to work with.

4. Like it

3 This one would make me smile every time I walked in the room

2 Nice but it looks black on my monitor

1. Like it.

This post was edited by deee on Sat, Sep 27, 14 at 7:32

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

but it depends on what you are going for. Some are more soothing, some are more energetic. Do you need help getting up? Or do you need help getting to sleep at night?

• jaynes123_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank You Dee- comments is good idea, updated original post and will read thru your when I get back --running off to the house build in NJ right now

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I like 14 and 15. They're unique but not overpowering.

• Oakley
    9 years ago

4 and 7. I think those styles are completely different from the others, so it depends on how the room will be decorated. As Annie said, they're soothing.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

My two favorites are the ones with the green box around them. They are fresh, crisp & fun. However, you selection is dependent upon a lot of other selections, namely the furniture and colors in the room.

These two selections rather dictate somewhat contemporary furnishings.

• ingeorgia
    9 years ago

of course this depends on the design esthetic of the poster and mine would be No. 11 and 12.
    I could see blue and white plates, vase etc. accessories and my accent color would be coral. I don't care for geometrics at all , don't find them soothing esp. not in a bedroom, tho I know I am the minority.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Wow, that's a lot of choices! It would be hard to chose without seeing the room. Can you post pictures?

• kswl2
    9 years ago

I could tell you which ones I like personally as pictures on the internet but that won't help you with respect to integral parts of a room design. You mentioned a new build--- is this bedding for the new house? If you are thinking of using bedding as the jumping off point for your bedroom decor, I wouldn't. What happens when the bedding has to be replaced? Are you buying furniture or do you have existing pieces? And what is your overall design aesthetic for the rest of your home......the styles represented here range from contemporary geometric to Williamsburg floral.

• natebear zone 10B
    9 years ago

Three

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Just judging from the pictures, number 3 is the one that draws my eye the most, but I'm not in love with any of them. I can't pick something in a vaccuum; I need context.

• mjlb
    9 years ago

My taste must be similar to Beverly's as I liked 7, 5, 3, and 2.

• sweet_tea_
    9 years ago

Not knowing anything else about the room, just voting on comforter alone, I like # 1 and 14, with #1 being my favorite.

• amicus
    9 years ago

7, then 12 are my two favourites.

• amykath
    9 years ago

If number 1 if it is navy and number 13. Number nine is gorgeous but I cannot stand the bright yellow.

It is hard for me to be a good judge as I like quilt for subtle or no pattern. I love them layered.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

I think you are going to get so many different responses here that it won't be all that helpful. That said, #3 caught my eye.

I think you need to decide whether you want a serene and quiet room or one with more pizzazz. I don't think sleep habits (easy time falling asleep or not) would really matter to me. The pattern on the comforter has never affected me one way or the other when I go to bed. For me, it is more how the room looks when I glance in or when I am in there during the day or evening.

• Lyban zone 4
    9 years ago

If I had to choose one of the above I would take number 12
    But that said I personally prefer less bulky look than comforters , so tend to go with folded quilt at bottom of bed. Or even folded down blankets.

• jaynes123_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Im back, Thank you everyone

Four bedrooms and needing to pick paint so trying to get look for the bedrooms.

Main two rooms ( master and the large guest) will be #2 & #3, my very favorites (although my fav started as #1).

Very helpful hearing peoples thoughts to narrow down runner ups for other rooms - I like them for different reasons and relate to many comments posted.

Thank you all!

• cawaps
    9 years ago

I generally like the geometrics better than the florals. From favorite to least favorite:

The only ones I really don't care for are 14 and 15.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    9 years ago

I like the Asian vibe of 4 and the geometry of 9 and 13.

• Laurie
    9 years ago

#12 and #7 and #1