Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 1:01
|Hi all. I live in a townhouse and the dinning and living room are really close together. I bought the peacock teal drapes from pier 1 and they look stunning in my dinning room. Now I need a valance for my long 96 inch wide living room window and I'm stuck. I really wanted the valance to match the dinning drapes but they don't make those in a valance. An option would be to buy the curtians and cut them and sew them into a valance, but is that easy on a polyester drape. Also should the drapiers match since the rooms are really close together or should they be totally different as they are two seperate rooms. Thanks!|
|I would rather they didn't match exactly, especially if they are a solid block of color. Since they are two separate rooms, they don't have to be an exact match, but since you probably see them both visually as your eye scans the spaces, then you do need something that will coordinate with the teal.|
|Or you can go with tan/gold that is in the drapery, if it goes with the wall color in the dining room.|
|Well on these forums somewhere I've posted photos of my living and dinning rooms. The color in the dinning is pyramid gold and the living is chinese jade. Now the peacock drapes in the dinning have that gold hue in the feathers. My only problem now is to find a valance thaqt goes with mint green and the yellow of the dinning and compliments the teal color of the peacock drapes. I'm just having a brain fart and am confused at what to do, but I need this window treatment done within the next few weeks. Ideas are welcome!|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.