Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A king comforter for a queen duvet cover?

Posted by downsouth (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 0:14

Has anyone ever done this? The person who suggested this to me said a king comforter fits a queen duvet and fills it up better. Would like your opinions about this as I will be buying a comforter in the next two weeks.

Thanks, Devonne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A king comforter for a queen duvet cover?

I have a king on a queen right now. I like it as it drapes nicely.

o

I also have a king comforter in a queen duvet cover. My comforter is slightly bigger than the duvet cover, but doesn't cause a problem for me and fits much better than my queen comforter did.

However, the best way to tell is to measure your duvet cover and then check the size of the comforter you order or buy. The actual measurements are usually listed along with the "king" or "queen" (at least when ordering online). That way you're not surprised. You'll find that sizes vary greatly--by as much as 8-10" on each side--while still being called "queen"!

o

I should have clarified to go "inside" the duvet cover. Sujafr, thanks for the suggestion on the measuring. I bought a Ralph Lauren duvet cover on Ebay and can't wait to get the comforter to put inside.

o

Interesting that your duvet cover is RL. My queen comforter is RL, but is too small for my queen duvet cover--thus using a king. I'm not sure why comforters aren't bigger since it seems they often are too skimpy for the size bed they're intended. Hope yours fits your bed beautifully!

o

I've always used a king duvet inside of a queen duvet cover. It makes it puffier looking which I like. Also, I've never had a problem with the duvet slipping around inside of the cover.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here