Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Colors

Posted by Terrispots (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 23:04

I am moving into an apartment with several brown walls. Diningroom, one accent wall in livingroom and also in the bedroom. Can you tell me if I can make these black curtains and the two chairs work in the bedroom and livingroom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Colors

Or this chair, with brown walls.

o

I can see the first chair working great in a brown bedroom. Can you show a picture of these rooms to us? If you used the right bedding and the floors worked there's a possibility the curtains could work too. Look at the black accents in the brown room below. It's hard to tell without seeing the rooms and the furnishings.

Here is a link that might be useful: brown bedroom

o

I think that all of those elements will work well with brown walls, especially the zebra chair.

o

I was also thinking that the zebra chair would look really nice w/ the brown walls and black curtains! Maybe add liberal doses of white, grey and/or black accent pillows, pictures and such. Maybe throw in a pop of color like green here and there. Have fun!

o

This is the bedroom, with the model furniture in it, I will be buying all new and the two chairs are the only thing I knew I wanted to bring with me.

o

This is the living room with the model furniture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here