Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shellking_gw

Is there a grownup way to add pink to a master bedroom?

ShellKing
11 years ago

Following a bathroom remodel and new carpet & paint in the bedroom -- I'm redecorating my master bedroom. I like the direction it's headed, but I know it still needs some work. When I put some flowers on my dresser the pink really caught my eye.

Is there a grownup way to add pink to my master bedroom? My husband and I are early/mid 40s -- so I'm not a single twentysomething gal.

Here's a picture I just took:

I'll post a link to my drapes question (where there are more pictures)

Here is a link that might be useful: Post about drapes, with more pictures

Comments (16)

• User
    11 years ago

A pink throw on your bench at the foot of the bed? If you're planning a chair, how about upholstering it in pink and white large buffalo plaid?

Or how about prints or paintings that use pink, white, black and tan?

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Artwork with color including pink.
    Pink Euro shams for your bed.
    Pink accent pillow for your bed or chair.
    Pink throw.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

Unless you want to buy original art, I would get a Wolf Kahn canvas giclee framed in a thin, modern frame. Many of his works are predominantly pink and absolutely lovely.
    A big one would look fab in your lovely room without being twee or stuffy.
    He's one of my favorites.

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

There are lots of pinks that are soft and sophisticated, and would look lovely with your neutrals.

Just stay away from anything that looks like candy, baby girl dresses, Pepto-Bismol, Barbie, My Little Pony, or a muppet.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

I disagree, brow. I think the treatment is more important than the color. Last years HB with the pink cover featured many Hot pinks that were very sophisticated.

• tinam61
    11 years ago

"Just stay away from anything that looks like candy, baby girl dresses, Pepto-Bismol, Barbie, My Little Pony, or a muppet."

Snort! Thanks for the laugh this morning Bronie!!

tina

• peaches12345
    11 years ago

Art.com has a number of Wolf Kahn giclee prints. I just purchased my first framed print from that site and was very pleased. I never thought I would buy and frame a print online, but it was just a small one, exactly what I wanted for my guest bath, so I gave it a try.

• User
    11 years ago

A pink bedroom doesn't have to be like this.
    {{!gwi}}

Pink and chocolate is a very grown up palette when the pink is used as an accent color. Think about doing a dust ruffle or a wallpaper accented wall. Look for some fabric samples that have this combo as inspiration as to proportions.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• artydecor
    11 years ago

You might get some inspiration from this. This blogger knows her pinks!

Here is a link that might be useful: frugal farmhouse

• Sueb20
    11 years ago

My master bedroom is predominantly gray and ivory but I wanted some pink, too. I found this duvet and shams at Cuddledown (they don't seem to have the duvet anymore) that has a lot of pink but it's a nice "grown up" pink. Now I'm on the hunt for a few accessories to bring a bit more pink in the room, and it's not very easy to find the "right" shade.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sham

• nosoccermom
    11 years ago

Link below for pink and beige bedrooms

Here is a link that might be useful: pink and beige

• design_wotcha
    11 years ago

I think pink is a great accent in neutral spaces - adding several tones from light to dark will help prevent the saccharin rush that might occur. If you add it in the bedroom, you might be able to pull it through the house in small doses without your hubby freaking out. This home in England shows how it can be done in a chic, sophisticated way... the neutral in this case is gray, but beige would work too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink and Neutral (Gray) Home

• Oakley
    11 years ago

I've added pink to our bedroom but it's subtle enough not to be girly.

The first thing I'd do is find a lightweight quilt with pink in it to fold at the end of the bed and work from there. It's amazing what one folded blanket with color can do for a whole room when it's on the end of a bed to match accessories with.

Any pink can be sophisticated depending on how much you use of certain shades. The good thing is all shades of pink goes well together so you don't have to be limited on one shade.

You could go a bit funky like me and get a pink Princess telephone for your side of the bed. I also have a deep pink Moon Clock. :)

• suero
    11 years ago

Here's non-girly pink (It's Anapurna in Nepal and the photographer is Mike David. I've got his Grand Canal photo, which also has pink tones.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mike David Photography

• Sueb20
    11 years ago

Also check out Restoration Hardware Baby/Child (link from main RH site) and look at girls' bedding for some beautiful pinks. Yes, I'm serious. My master bedroom quilt, in gray, is from this line. Same quality as RH but I paid a lot less. Their kids' bedding comes in queen size. But I'm thinking if this as a resource if, say, you just wanted to add a couple of pink pillow shams.

• ttodd
    11 years ago

In case you were interested in more I was catching up in Blog Land, saw this room and emembered that there's been a post about pink in grown up bedrooms. Click on the picture once and then again when it comes up a second time to take you to all kinds of infor about this room.

{{!gwi}}

Source: thenester.com via Tiffani on Pinterest