Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lreeser_gw

Help me pick a soft sunset color

lreeser
9 years ago

I am repainting my kitchen, dining room and living room and need help finding a warm soft color. I love the orange-yellows of a sunset. I have stained crown molding and trim all around. I have an open floor plan so all three rooms flow into each other. My cabinets are also stained the same color as the trim. Any ideas?

Comments (15)

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

Take a look at Key West Ivory or Golden Mist by Benjamin Moore.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Maybe bm soft fern if you want to pick up on the greens in the artwork over the sofa...

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

One of my favorite colors, too!

I am saving those colors you suggested, Pal. Love them!

I just had my hallway painted Hinoki (SW). It may be a little too light for what you're going for, but it looks good with my woodwork, which is similar to yours. August Moon is another possibility, but may have too much brown in it for you.

Found this online; maybe not orange enough. Jonquil (SW):

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

BM Yellow Topaz

BM Warm Sunglow

BM Macadamia Nut

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Sunsets come in so many colors...

If you take a close up of the art over your sofa, I'll run it through color palette fx for you....

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Found this room, which looks like what you're looking for, but of course they don't give the name of the paint color! Maybe you can email and ask?

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunset Bedroom Walls

• FSachs
    9 years ago

BM Straw is definitely a soft sunset color in our DR. It's a yellow with slight orange undertones. The color reads very differently in different rooms I've seen it in, but in our room I'd describe it as sunset-y.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Look at Ellen Kennon's Honeysuckle. it is a true orange yellow. The website really doesn't do a good job at all of conveying how beautiful the color is. I loved it but it was to bright for my kitchen. It looks very much like the third sample on the left on the last design seed that Annie posted.

Anele, Hinoki is one of my very favorites. It look superb in your room.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ellen Kennon Honeysuckle

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Agree BM straw is a good one to look at.

• lreeser
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I've been busy, but I'm not happy with my paint. I used valspar's spun honey and it just feels too intense most of the time. I need help! Does it look too intense or is it just me? Would it be better with dark colored curtains? If I change it, I would prefer to find valspar color. Any suggestions? If I keep it, what color could I paint the livingroom to coordinate? This is driving me crazy! I will try to post multiple photos.

• lreeser
    Original Author
    9 years ago

From livingroom looking into nook

• lreeser
    Original Author
    9 years ago

View into the livingroom from the nook

• lreeser
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Counters and cabinets

• lreeser
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another thought I had was to leave the nook as it is and paint the kitchen and livingroom a different color. Would that work? Again, what color, what color? Oh, my world for the right color!

• cat_ky
    9 years ago

How about Valspar Canyon Haze. It is very soft on the wall in real life

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner