Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neesie_gw

where can I find a mirror like this?

neesie
15 years ago

After visiting my cousin last weekend I fell in love with a mirror that she had in her powder room. It is unlike mine, which is a standard big ugly rectangle above my vanity. Unfortunately she had no idea where the mirror was purchased since it came with the house. I would be so excited to find such a uniquely shaped mirror. I googled "custom mirror" with no good leads. Can anyone give me an idea where I could find a mirror like this?

P.S. Check out the reflection of the chandelier in the powder room....how elegant?

Here is a link that might be useful: uniquely shaped mirror

Comments (15)

• allison0704
    15 years ago

Try searching the internet for Venetian mirrors. It's lovely.

• Cynthia A
    15 years ago

I think it's carved louis xv or carved french mirror...
    Good luck!

• sdflenner
    15 years ago

I have no clue (I'm google-stupid), but that is FABULOUS!! I wish I could see the entire bathroom!!

• kateskouros
    15 years ago

search venetian mirrors on ebay. i saw one just like it. it was very affordable as well.

• Lyban zone 4
    15 years ago

What about this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Look Here

• patricianat
    15 years ago

At least a dozen years ago, I got a beauty, very similar to yours at Kirkland's. They switch their merchandise around so much that I have never seen one since and the irony of it is, that my housekeeper broke it before we ever got it hung. She was a great human being and I could not fault her. I had it in a bad place and she backed the vacuum cleaner into it pretty hard. Yikes! What a noise. I intended (immediately) go run out and buy another, but I just put it off too long and when I went, they no longer had them.

I saw one similar in Penney's ads under mirrors long after I had decided on something else for that area.

Try Lighting on the Net, Bellacor, Lamps Plus, the Mirror Lady, Kaboodle and E-Bay although I can tell you, sometimes looking locally at your glass places and furniture shops is more beneficial than searching the Web. A furniture shop in our town has some beautiful mirrors. I have known the owner for many years and she told me once if I ever get ready to replace that venetian mirror that she could get me one cheaper than I could get it on E-Bay, so look around town.

• parma42
    15 years ago

Horchow has some, Ballards also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Horchow

• neesie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the quick replies!
    Patricia43, we don't have a Kirkland's here (MN) but we do have Penney's. I've been able to pull up a lot more on the internet now that I've found they're called Venetian Mirrors. Parma, thanks for the link...that's a very pretty mirror.

sdflenner, I only have one more shot of the bathroom (not with me) but I can tell you this much: it had gold wallpaper, oil rubbed bronze fixtures and a mini chandy to-die-for! I forget what material the floor was, but the master bathroom floor was granite tile and the bathroom on walk-out level was stained concrete with radiant floor heating. (Sigh).

Thanks everyone, and send more links! I love them!

• mls0520
    15 years ago

I think that this may be the EXACT same one! Why do I know? Because I've been wanting to buy this EXACT same mirror myself! I adore this pretty pretty mirror and want it for our bedroom. It's so sparkly!

Here is a link that might be useful: Venetian mirror at JC Penney's

• jova123
    15 years ago

I happened across this site that has a similar mirror.

http://www.invitinghome.com/ShoppingHome.htm

• neesie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

mls0520, I think you're right! And the exciting thing is that the price is only $149.00! And jova123, thanks for directing me to the other site, but their mirrors were in the thousands of dollars and unfortunately price IS a factor!

If anyone is interested there are many out there to choose from in the 350-379.00 range. Any many that go up into the thousands.

• patty_cakes
    15 years ago

I've seen Venetian mirrors at both Steinmart and Home Goods. They're probably a little less money than what you would find in a lamp/glass/mirror store.

• mls0520
    15 years ago

Neesie,

You can google a search too for JC Penney's coupons or promo codes and get a code right now for 20% off, which makes it even sweeter! I've left a link for you below, it's the first code on this page, which brings the mirror down to $120 + shipping.

Here is a link that might be useful: JC PENNEY 20% CODE

• annzgw
    15 years ago

I don't think it's the same as the JCP one since the one your cousin has appears to have a raised frame of a different material. The JCP one is all glass and mirror.

Here's another one from LampsPlus for $379, but they often have sales.

{{!gwi}}

• neesie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

For sdflenner and anyone else who wanted a better look at the "inspiration" powder room, here it is. Sorry, I may have had a few glasses of wine (which was why I was there in the first place). I just remember thinking WOW! Sorry 'bout the awkward angle.

Thank you for the coupon code, mls0520. I'm new to ordering on-line.

Here is a link that might be useful: my cousin's powder room