Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 20:56
|I have a small window in my...small bathroom, that is 24" wide and 40" long. The curtain I have in there now I have had for years. It was a PB semi sheer balloon shade type curtain in white with a contrastng tie in a light blue. It's starting to get yellow from sun damage, and it really is ready to go. I love this curtain, but PB no longer makes it. I am not looking for tier curtains, long drapes or shades that darken the small bathroom. I would like one curtain, that hangs from my pocket rod. I am having the bathroom painted periwinkle and there is white beadboard over most of the walls. I would prefer something in a semi sheer white, with maybe a bit of periwinkle. Pure white would also be fine. Oh, I have no sewing machine or the akills to make something, and I am on a budget. But then again, it's only one curtain!
I've looked everywhere: PB, Ballard, JCP, BBB, Macys, Country Curtains, etc, Nothing except tier type curtains, which do not want. Would love your suggestions as to where to look . Seems like nobody makes small curtains these days.
|Country curtains does carry the plain white, but I would think you'd do just as well to buy longer ones that are what you want, and then take them to a seamer or a cleaners who can easily shorten them for you....it's pretty easy to do....just cut off the tops, sew in a new rod pocket.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Country Curtains
|How about this: $12.88 at WalMart. It is 53 inches wide by 63 inches long. Have it hemmed by a seamstress - at the local cleaner's, from craigslist, or ask at your local fabric store. You could even venture into the ribbon dept at the fabric store, buy something that you like and have the seamstress sew it on. |
If not that one, WalMart has lots of other panels that could be adapted for your use.
Here is a link that might be useful: Sheer panel
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.