Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rnmomof2

Flooring warranty and suggestions

RNmomof2 zone 5
9 years ago

A few years ago I did a minor kitchen facelift. At that time we installed a new floor in the kitchen, laundry room, guest bath and back entry/pantry area. The product was a LVT product with a lifetime residential warranty. Over time the product has faded from light tan/taupe to nearly white in front of our low E glass sliding doors.

The company is going to replace our floor for us but.......this opens all kinds of issues. I believe we will be responsible for the expenses of getting everything ready for the floor to be installed. Toilets pulled, baseboards up, island out of the kitchen, etc. Do you think we have any hope of getting $$ for these items. This floor was also installed over the sheet vinyl. I thought that I had been told that one should only have 2 layers of flooring down. Does the manufacturer pay to have both layers removed?

The salesperson said it was the easiest warranty replacement he has ever had. This all sounds good but I do not know what to replace it with. Other than the color fading the product has held up beautifully. Our house is the most expensive one in the neighborhood per Zillow by a fair amount (15% or so). I do not want ceramic tile as I have bad joints and live in a colder climate. We have no hardwoods in our house and not many houses in our neighborhood do. The houses are 17-25 years old and are slowly being sold and updated by new owners. Granite and hardwoods are going in some of them now. Any thoughts on products that won't fade (!?) and are durable enough to last without being babied?

I was told initially that I did not have to use the manufacturer's product when replacing the floor so that is not a consideration.

Comments (3)