Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do You Own an Oceana Glass Sink

Posted by monicakm (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 20:34

and is it in your bathroom? Mine has dulled/etched at the bottom around the drain like maybe where water doesn't drain out completely. It's a Crystal Reflections color so it's not noticeable to anyone other than me unless I point it out. But I'm considering put a cobalt copper color in my husband's renovated bathroom. It's a dark copper brown. Thinking if it does it again, it's going to show up worse on the darker color.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do You Own an Oceana Glass Sink

Is it mineral deposits ON the glass, or etching INTO the glass?

If it's mineral deposits on the glass, then vinegar and scrubbing might be all you need. If it's etching into the glass -- well, that really shouldn't be happening.

o

There were mineral deposits on where the water hits but runs off. That was removed with CLR. At the drain where a bit of water tends to collect is where it looks eteched into the glass. And I agree, that should not be happening. I complained about this 4 or 5 years ago and they said they didn't know what to, "no one else has ever complained" Now that I'm wanting to buy another one, I'm concerned it will happen again and be much more prominent on darker sink. I have sent them a couple of pictures for the technical guy to look at.
See the dullness around the drain?
This is with a flash:

o

Without a flash

o

I do see....wonder if there's something in your water causing it...

o

I would have your water tested. I had a water purifying guy trying to sell me a water filter that would eliminate all the white gunk around my shower head etc.

I never did buy it, but I do get white buildup around the chrome edges of my shower head and shower door.

I would try using that dishwasher power booster stuff that is supposed to take etching off glasses from hard water or some such mineral in some peoples water.

Vinegar?

o

I thought I posted this earlier, but don't see it.

Could it be toothpaste residue that either etched or doesn't get rinsed out? The abrasives in toothpaste could do that to glass.

o

No, I'm fairly certain it's not toothpaste. I rinse the sink out well after brushing, but, I do see how it could look that way to you.

My water could be an issue. Goodness knows it's been an issue in a lot of other issues. Wonder if the drain isn't fitted properly? Of if it's the way the sink is made that causes water to pool right around the drain. I REALLY want the cobalt copper glass sink but I'll be sorry I bought it if it's going to have the same thing happen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here