|Okay, I know I have my moments...but how can I not be able to figure this out?! Help, please!!
I recently purchased two curtain rods that each come with three rod pieces and can extend up to 120 inches. The middle piece is nearly the same as the larger of the other rod pieces--on one end it is open (but not wide enough that it will fit over the bigger of the other two pieces) and the other end has a place to screw in a finnial. I have no clue as to how to get that middle piece to fit!
I don't think there is any part missing because the two packages all come with the same equipment. The instructions tell me how to mount it on the wall but not how to put it together. They're the Jaclyn Smith Decorative Rod Set, in case that makes a difference. I have looked online and I can't find any hints about how to do this. Please let me know if I can make the question any clearer, because I'm not sure if I explained it well.
|I just had this problem, and it took a lot of head banging before I finally figured it out. One of the rods that has the finnial already attached is actually the MIDDLE piece. Find the one that slips into the larger one. Take off that finnial, attach it to the extra rod piece. You should end up with 2 'outer rods' and the new 'middle' rod that will slip into both ends. Hope this works!|
|Oh, jeez, seems like I should've been able to figure that out, right? lol -- thank you so much!|
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here