Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lorishopaholic

Still trying to find lights for this kitchen

lorishopaholic
9 years ago

I have posted a few times about my lights for my island and over the breakfast table. I found some that I think will look good but would love everyone's opinion. I posted earlier about putting a drum shade on my breakfast nook light to save on that expense but I don't think I can make it work. Anyway I found these light for the breakfast nook and some pendants that match. What do you think?

Comments (20)

• lorishopaholic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is one option for the island lights.

• lorishopaholic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Or these for the island???

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

LOVE the shaded one for the island! Love it!

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

So do I! I think it would look great in your home, Lori.

• lorishopaholic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Woohoo!! So happy to have finally found something. Do you guys like the 5 light chandelier for the breakfast nook? I don't love it as much as the pendant but since it matches I was thinking of going with it.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I do like it. Those are pretty timeless. It'll be very nice when it's on at night.

• amykath
    9 years ago

Here are a couple of mock ups. Not sure about the sizing.

• amykath
    9 years ago

The shade pendant

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Hmmmâ¦based on atkillery's mockup, I like the unshaded ones over the island.

What if you did the shaded one over your breakfast nook and the two unshaded ones over the island?

• lorishopaholic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I thought about that but I think the shaded light is too small for the breakfast nook. The current light is about 24x22 and the shaded one is 15x16. Thank you so much for the mockups atkillery!

• amykath
    9 years ago

No problem Lori. Let me know if you would like for me to do any others.

• Gracie
    9 years ago

Very nice! I changed my mind too after seeing the mock-up and prefer the candlestick version. The color of the shade blends too much with the wood. It will all come down to the sizing though. I'm not a fan of massive pendants over islands, especially when there's a lot going on like in your kitchen.

• oaktonmom
    9 years ago

To my eye, the unshaded pendants don't really look like pendants; they look like chandeliers that are missing arms.

• amykath
    9 years ago

Just for fun, a little bling. Probably not what you want but thought I would have some fun and throw it in there.

• amykath
    9 years ago

One more. Not sure about scale, might be a bit smaller than shown.

• User
    9 years ago

I like them all/each one a lot!
    I just have to say that I like some drum pendants but not the vast majority~~ but those drum pendants are really lovely. Where did you find them?
    lovely!!!!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Lori, I love the lights. I think they are perfect and timeless!

• amykath
    9 years ago

Shelia, I think this is where she found the pendant she posted.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pendant Link

• lorishopaholic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Shelia, yes that's were I found them. Atkillery, thanks again for the additional mockups! I actually really like the sparkly ones but I feel like I need to go with something a little more timeless. Holly-Kay- thanks! Which lights do you like for the island the drum pendant or the candlestick version?

• amykath
    9 years ago

I am weighing in and think the candlestick version is best. It doesn't obstruct your view throughout the space.