Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still trying to find lights for this kitchen

Posted by lorishopaholic (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 19:52

I have posted a few times about my lights for my island and over the breakfast table. I found some that I think will look good but would love everyone's opinion. I posted earlier about putting a drum shade on my breakfast nook light to save on that expense but I don't think I can make it work. Anyway I found these light for the breakfast nook and some pendants that match. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still trying to find lights for this kitchen

Here is one option for the island lights.

o

Or these for the island???

o

LOVE the shaded one for the island! Love it!

o

So do I! I think it would look great in your home, Lori.

o

Woohoo!! So happy to have finally found something. Do you guys like the 5 light chandelier for the breakfast nook? I don't love it as much as the pendant but since it matches I was thinking of going with it.

o

I do like it. Those are pretty timeless. It'll be very nice when it's on at night.

o

Here are a couple of mock ups. Not sure about the sizing.

o

The shade pendant

o

Hmmm…based on atkillery's mockup, I like the unshaded ones over the island.

What if you did the shaded one over your breakfast nook and the two unshaded ones over the island?

o

I thought about that but I think the shaded light is too small for the breakfast nook. The current light is about 24x22 and the shaded one is 15x16. Thank you so much for the mockups atkillery!

o

No problem Lori. Let me know if you would like for me to do any others.

o

Very nice! I changed my mind too after seeing the mock-up and prefer the candlestick version. The color of the shade blends too much with the wood. It will all come down to the sizing though. I'm not a fan of massive pendants over islands, especially when there's a lot going on like in your kitchen.

o

To my eye, the unshaded pendants don't really look like pendants; they look like chandeliers that are missing arms.

o

Just for fun, a little bling. Probably not what you want but thought I would have some fun and throw it in there.

o

One more. Not sure about scale, might be a bit smaller than shown.

o

I like them all/each one a lot!
I just have to say that I like some drum pendants but not the vast majority~~ but those drum pendants are really lovely. Where did you find them?
lovely!!!!

o

Lori, I love the lights. I think they are perfect and timeless!

o

Shelia, I think this is where she found the pendant she posted.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pendant Link

o

Shelia, yes that's were I found them. Atkillery, thanks again for the additional mockups! I actually really like the sparkly ones but I feel like I need to go with something a little more timeless. Holly-Kay- thanks! Which lights do you like for the island the drum pendant or the candlestick version?

o

I am weighing in and think the candlestick version is best. It doesn't obstruct your view throughout the space.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here