Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martinca_gw

The Pop Up Ad has Exploded,Arrrhh

As of today, the small blue rectangular, irritating ad has grown into a huge blue thing for some sort of an ab ad. And it stays and stays. I touch anywhere on my ipad screen and, bam !.. I'm taken to some ad site,
I can't live with this. Anyone else, and anyone have a cure ( on ipad )?
Has anyone asked GW for help?

Comments (13)

• allison0704
    9 years ago

AdBlock Plus. It's free. NO ads.

• bpath
    9 years ago

They're like little zits that explode into honkers :(

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Will Adblock plus work on iPads?

• kitschykitch
    9 years ago

Hah hah BP

• daki
    9 years ago

Can't use adblock with the iPad version of Safari. HOWEVER, my Chrome browser appdoes not have the pop ups. I also have the Atomic Browser app, which has an ad blocker as well. Just checked it and it is blocking the stupid ads as well. I like using Safari, but it is limiting my lurking in this forum. I think I'll start using one of my other browsers for this site :), at least on my iPad.

• daki
    9 years ago

kitchen forum also mentions getting Weblock, but I have no experience with it

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's so bad now, it's as though my ipad has a virus. I cannot touch the screen without he ad, followed by being sent to a hideousb site . Kim/ ugh/ kardashathing is the latest. Thanks Allison but no go on here, I guess.
    Would this not be GW's fault as I have it no where else.? If so, how maddening to be forced to jump through hoops just to be here.

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well this is almost creepy. Right after posting the above complaint it has stopped! Gone. Is someone out there there paying attention? Ha!
    Still, it's kinda weird.

• eaga
    9 years ago

It didn't stop for me. Kim K is lurking on this very page. I sent a message to GW about it. It's making the site unusable. I get redirected to the App Store even if I don't tap the ad box.

• Danahills
    9 years ago

deleted

This post was edited by jstell2008 on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 10:34

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

I, for some unknown reason, have not seen any of these ads. I'm using Samsung tablet with, I believe, Safari if that makes any difference.

• redcurls
    9 years ago

I got AdBlock three days ago at the iTunes App store for my iPad. It was 3.99, but they are now gone...hooray!!! I surf everywhere else using Safari. After downloading, I put AdBlock down on my menu bar for convenience. I use it for all GW forums now and no longer get those annoying ads which blocked practically every post. I've also added some sites like Google into their browser. Will likely add others. It was pretty intuitive to learn what little I needed to learn....how to bookmark, etc. You can use it free for a short while to check it out. I upgraded after a few tries of several GW forums. SUCCESS!!!!

• ohgoodness
    9 years ago

I just tried weblock, but I'm still getting the popups. And, yes, they have gotten bigger! I've selected all filters. Do you setup any custom Blacklists to get it to work on Garden Web?

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer