Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you ever bought furniture from Tuesday Morning?

Posted by marti8a (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 19:36

I am looking for a couple of accent chairs and saw some today at Tuesday Morning that were pretty cheap.

It looks like this same chair on Overstock but for $99 each. The only problem is that there were only 2 and they were a color called linen which looked like a yellow/tan.

btw, these are chairs that may never be used except when mil comes to visit and wants to sit in a chair that is a little more comfortable than a dining table chair.

This post was edited by marti8a on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 19:38

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you ever bought furniture from Tuesday Morning?

Hi marti- I am a big fan of Tuesday Morning's and I usually buy my golf clothes there for a quarter of what I would pay in a pro shop. I've also bought smallish furniture/accent pieces.Things don't sell somewhere... and they end up at places like TM, or Marshall's or TJ Maxx. If the chairs are solid to sit in and you don't expect them to last like a $500 chair might, I say GO for it. That chair might have been used in a window display at some high end store. Don't let the stigma of a discount store scare you off. All the best.

o

What music gal said, ditto.

o

I bought a pair of Hooker bedside tables with drawers about 5 years ago at Tuesday Morning. Excellent quality and a good price. No complaints.

o

Sister and I were shopping at TM yesterday for niece's college apt. We noticed those chairs. We sat in them. I thought the back was quite firm. Sister pronounced it "hard as a rock." It didn't bother me as much as it did her. Have you been able to test drive them?

btw, these are chairs that may never be used except when mil comes to visit and wants to sit in a chair that is a little more comfortable than a dining table chair
I'm confused about using them for your MIL. Will she be using it at the table? Will it pull up with those arms? Will the seat be too low? too deep?

o

Another Tuesday Morning fan here. Haven't tried upholstered pieces (small local shop occassionally has chairs), but wouldn't hestitate if I liked something, especially for light duty use. Bought a pair of end tables there 16 years ago that still flank the LR sofa & look like new after all these years & much use. They're lift-top chests on legs, lined with felt with an interior removable tray, covered entirely with leather look (and it may be leather) in a map print on sepia with brass hardware. Snapped them up for $150? pair, thinking they could be replaced down the road if they didn't hold up. Later saw them in a Horchow or Gump's catalogue for $500+ each.

Bought a pair of lamps long time back for the shades. I'd seen the designer shades in lamp shops, and recognized the lamps with those shades were significantly less than the shades alone. Nice lamps, too, which were refitted with plain shades & still in use, as are the shades I bought them for on other lamps.

Then there's the heavy-duty 150' hose reel on wheels in a fancy cast iron design picked up years ago for $85 when plastic box versions were priced nearly that much. Still in daily use & left out year-round, did reoil the wooden handle some time back, but other than that it looks new, too. Frontgate sells a similar reel in aluminum for $350 minus the wheels.

Long way round of echoing others' understanding that their wares are closeouts, overstocks, discontinueds & previous season stuff at heavy discount for the quality. You're so considerate to be thinking of your MIL's comfort! If you like the chairs & think they'll work, try them out - they've a great return policy at least 60 if not 90 days. You may find you're still using them years later, too.

o

So - what did you decide?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here