Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bama12_gw

McKenzie childs inspired rooms

bama12
15 years ago

Anyone that has used any McKenzie Childs furniture, rugs, lighting, pillows, etc. in your decorating, can you please post some pictures? I especially love the Courtly Check in black and white..........THANKS!!!

Comments (9)

• dprisock1027
    15 years ago

That makes me want to be a little girl again.

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

I've always loved anything MacKenzie-Childs! I wanted to do DD's room along those lines a couple of years ago, but she wanted to go in a more French direction instead :~(
    I'm anxiously awaiting any more M-C inspired pics, though.
    BTW, here's a link to the Mackenzie-Childs site. Ahhhhhhhh!
    "MacKenzie-Childs site"
    Lynn

• flyingflower
    15 years ago

I'd be surprised if anyone on this forum decorated with original McKenzie Childs pieces only because their furniture is uber expensive. But you never know, people here amaze me in what they are able to find on Craigslist and in thrift shops! I have seen at least one person copy the MC look and she did a pretty good job using colorful paints and fabric. I remember when M-C had a store at the mall I loved to go in there but as much as I liked their whimsical style I gasped at the prices. One poof was $500. And I thought that was over the top, until the price climbed to $750 and then $1000. Now if you want to buy that same poof it will set you back $1500. Love the photo Jim found!

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

I agree with Flyingflower, as great as M-C's pieces are, they're waaaaaaay too expensive . . . I'd even say, ridiculously over-priced! Personally, I'd never buy one of their full-priced pieces. I would, though, copy their style on thrift store finds or my own pieces of furniture. With a little imagination, you can have something wonderful. I've only painted one piece a la M-C, one of those maple lamp table combos from the '70's and it turned out pretty darn nice. It's in the garage now, though, awaiting my first granddaughter . . . someday ;^P

• sdflenner
    15 years ago

Wow, those rooms are gorgeous!

• bama12
    Original Author
    15 years ago

THANKS for the cute picture and others would be great! I agree, the prices of their furniture, etc. is outrageous! I have the Wall Street Setting Seat that my husband gave me for Xmas 2 years ago. It has already gone up a few hundred $$ since then. I'm getting ready to decorate my small living room using that piece, as well as some other items that look good with it. I really would like to have 1 of the rugs! We have a carpenter putting in a coffered ceiling right now, and hope to start re-painting in the next couple of weeks! KEEP any photos or ideas coming!! THANKS!!

• boystown
    15 years ago

My DIL has a home business of painting childrens furniture and she is fantastic. A lot of her work reminds me of MC although, she does not copy the MC pieces and her prices are very affordable. (I am not marketing her business) I am always amazed at every piece that she puts her touch on. She sells a lot of her work to interior designers.

• NationalBookAuctions
    13 years ago

There is a wonderful assortment of MacKenzie-Childs material offered at auction this SUNDAY in Ithaca, NY. You can also bid on these (some dicontinued) items ONLINE:

http://www.artfact.com/catalog/viewLot.cfm?lotRef=38A217B175

This link is one of MANY lots being offered!

Thought this group would like to know about this!

Here is a link that might be useful: MacKenzie-Childs table