Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Meditation Rom /spam

Posted by holly-kay (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 19, 14 at 19:30

Olychick where are you? Seriously how do you report spam? It gets irritating to click on a thread only to find spam.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Meditation Rom /spam

you go to "contact us" down at the bottom of the page, and in the drop-down list choose "abuse or violation". copy and paste the thread's URL and put it in the message. I do it all the time.

o
what a rug

that rug wasn't exactly peaceful and meditative looking, was it? LOL!

o

Also, when reporting spam, add the URL of "My Page" of the spammer, specially in the case of a long otherwise good thread being spammed. You want to identify the spammer.

Here's one I reported earlier today:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/accessible/msg080806112609.html

from

http://www.gardenweb.com/auth/nph-logincheck.cgi?action=public_profile&user=sunilsurya

registered today

o

Thanks Hoovb and Sushi.

o

I love that a spammer this weekend called me out for "snitching" on her, on her three spammed threads!

I wish our people would pay attention to old threads being revived and quit adding on to them after they've been spammed. It just keeps the thread up longer, rewarding the spammer.

This post was edited by olychick on Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 9:06

o

also important to watch to see if the "follow up replies will be sent to poster" is there. If you replay to the spam post to bump the spam thread down, and if your settings allow your real email address to show, then a spammer now has your email.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here