3dogs--posted a photo of the grape handle vanity

nosoccermom
10 years ago

added to bottom of the thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: grape handle vanity

Comments (13)

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Oh - I LOVE IT! The fact that the mirror is 'smokey' makes me like it even more. Is it pine?

I got a much smaller 3 drawer one from 'my' CL in June. This is taken in the doctor's barn who I bought it from. I wish I had a better pic, but it's painted pine with fruit pulls that are pears, and another that I can't identify.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

My3dogs, are you going to look at it? If not, I would love to check it out! Let me know, please. Don't want to cut in line, you know!

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Go for it, Cyn! I hope it looks as good in person as it does in the pics. I'm up in Maine, so it's all yours. Report back on it, will you? :-)

• nosoccermom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I don't think it's pine. I only saw it inside in the garage, and it seemed darker to me. I was thinking walnut, but then, what do I know? It seemed in good condition, certainly better than the oak secretary, and the marble was also looking great, too.
    cyn, I already looked at it, and though it's great, I really don't need another dresser/vanity. Let us know if you go and look at it. My feeling was that the seller is eager to get rid of it before his move. Still, I'd check it out soon.

This post was edited by nosoccermom on Mon, Aug 19, 13 at 23:02

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Thanks, you two! My3dogs, I remembered after I asked that you are in Maine, but thanks for the encouragement anyway! Nosoccermom, thanks to you, too. I have emailed. We will see if it is still there. Do you think it is worth the trip into DC to check it out? I don't really care about the mirror, but could use a little dresser for the guest bedroom. If it is dark, it may not work. I will probably offer less than the $200 he/she is asking.

Thanks again to you both. :)

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

OOhh! I like it. Cyn, let us know if you get it!!!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Going tomorrow night since we are having friends for dinner tonight. I will let you all know! Thanks for all the enabling everyone!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Went to see it this evening, but decided against it, although I wish I had measured the marble. I would buy that alone if it would fit the top of another dresser I have. it was a beautiful piece of white marble! The dresser was larger than I wanted. I think it was stained oak. The back foot was broken, too. It was pretty and I am still thinking about it. He offered to go down to $150. Since it isn't the size or wood/color I am really looking for, I guess it would be silly to get it. Still, it is pretty.

• nosoccermom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, I'm so sorry that it didn't work out for you! I never looked at the legs, but I think I tried some drawers.
    Posting the picture in case someone else wants to go for it.
    {{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: CL vanity

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

I just came to check out if you got it. Sorry it did not work out! Glad you got to see it, at least. :)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Seeing the picture again makes me wish it would work! I wish the wood were as pretty as it looks in the picture. I hope someone does get it though!

• nosoccermom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

it's quite a bit darker than on the picture, isn't it? However, the marble was very nice.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Yes, it was darker-sort of looked like a walnut stain on oak to me. The marble is beautiful!

I am thinking of asking him if he would sell just the marble to me if the size would be right-if it would fit on my smaller (shorter) dresser, I would love it! I am a little embarrassed to ask him to walk down to that garage to measure it for me. Darn! I wish I had done that while we were there.

You know, it would be a wonderful little piece repurposed as a bathroom vanity!