Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southernheart_gw

Please help me find these (or similar) chandeliers

southernheart
9 years ago

All GW lighting experts, please help me find these fixtures, or something similar. The second photo only shows a portion of that fixture. My husband rarely expresses an interest in decorating, etc, but really likes this look....TIA for any/all suggestions!

This post was edited by southernheart on Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 19:38

Comments (19)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Shades of Light

Here is a link that might be useful: Chandelier

• southernheart
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tibbrix, that is so pretty and is similar to the Sausalito fixture I've seen a couple of places (love it!). My problem is that my husband likes doesn't like a drum shade...he wants to be able to see through the fixture. Thank you so much for posting that for me!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I figured that is the case, but it's possible you can just remove the inner shade.

Here's another:

Here is a link that might be useful: Chandy

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

From Horchow, again, take the inner shade off.

• southernheart
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You know our taste...that is actually on the short list! :) It's even prettier in person with a nice antiqued silver-leaf or zinc type finish. That has been his favorite so far....

I had wondered about removing the shade on the other, too.It's definitely something to keep in mind.

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

This one is from gabby.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gabby chandelier

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

eBay has one, $200. Here is the title:

"Elegant 3-Light Chandelier Oil Rubbed Bronze Unique Metal White Canarm"

You can ask the seller if he/she can send you a pic of it w/o the inner shade.

• southernheart
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for these beautiful suggestions!! I will share these with him and we both appreciate your input!

• chispa
    9 years ago

Have you looked at Currey & Company? They have a few that are similar in style.

Here is a link that might be useful: Currey & Co

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Here is the origin of the pic and it says the light is available from the Magnolia Market, altho I didn't see it there....

Here is a link that might be useful: Fixer Upper Blog post

• southernheart
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Chispa, that is a great site--such beautiful things!!! Thank you for posting that.

Olychick, thank you! I had grabbed the photo off the HGTV site but you found a better photo on their blog. I don't see a way to purchase one either.

What do you all think of orb chandeliers? My husband does like them--he likes the beachy/organic look and we see a lot of orb chandeliers along 30A on the Florida gulf coast. Do you feel orbs are a new classic and have lasting style?

Here is a link that might be useful: Orb chandelier

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Southernheart, I love the orb chandy you posted. It is gorgeous!

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Well here you go!

Here is a link that might be useful: Your light

• southernheart
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Holly-Kay, it is a pretty one! I am going in too many different directions, aren't I? :) Just "trying them on" to see which is a "fit" I think.

olychick, I can't believe you found it--you did so good! It is so pretty! Do you think they changed the finish for the Fixer Upper reno?

• Olychick
    9 years ago

I thought the fixer upper was brass, but once I found this one and looked closer at your inspiration pic, I think they are the same.

• iread06
    9 years ago

On the Fixer Upper blog post before the Comments section is this sentence: "To order Magnolia Market items, click the link and e-mail our business manager to place a special order."

• southernheart
    Original Author
    9 years ago

iread06, thank you!!

olychick, I think you're right...it is probably the lighting for the photo that makes it seem brighter.

Today we visited a local lighting retailer with an extensive showroom and we were really impressed with the samples they had from Gabby. They had really pretty transitional fixtures and lamps (if you are like me and trying to find non-traditional fixtures that mix well with traditional elements) with high-end looking finishes but a very nice budget-friendly price point.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gabby lighting and home decor

• southernheart
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jackson2348 I meant to thank you again for the Gabby link. We really, really like what they have to offer and they look very nice in person!

• southernheart
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is Gabby's Virginia chandelier...our dining space is not huge and fairly square with 8" ceilings, so this one is actually sized perfectly for it. The finish is gorgeous and it has that artisan look that Julie Neill chandeliers have. My husband likes that you "don't see it everywhere." He tends toward "unique" in what he likes. (and he likes the Gabby posted above, too).

What is your feeling about this one?