Mon, Aug 9, 10 at 19:16
|We have a weekend house in the woods. It has a greatroom with a spectacular view of a waterfall. The wall facing the view has plate glass windows and a sliding glass door. I would like to be able to cover the windows at night to make the room, which has a cathedral ceiling, feel cosier, but I don't want them covered at all during the day. So I am thinking blinds. Do they make blinds for huge windows? What about sliding glass doors?
|You can get custom-size window coverings of any size, I believe--including blinds. Are you talking vertical or horizontal blinds? You'll want to think how they'll be stacked when fully open during the day.|
|You can get shades operated by a remote control, and they're less trouble than blinds in the long run.|
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here