Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
finethreads

Help With Family Room Furniture Placement

Hello everyone, my wife and I are living with family while our house is being built. My sister in law would like some help in coming up with furniture placement ideas for her family room.
She lives in Northern Michigan. Their house is on acreage and they are surrounded by beautiful hardwood forests.

I have attached a photo of a rough layout of the room. Using map compass directions, I will do my best to explain the current layout.

On one East side of the room is a 10' opening into a kitchen and dining area.

Moving over to the the North wall is a beautiful wood burning fireplace with a raised granite hearth. On either side of the fireplace is a 54" tall window.

The south wall is a half wall. Behind it is a stairway to the basement.

Next to that half wall is a 7' opening that leads into an entry, where you also have access to a bathroom and two bedrooms.

We have been struggling with how to place furniture.

Currently there is a TV in the SE Corner; a loveseat and easy chair on the west wall; a recliner located at the end of the half wall next to the entry opening; and another recliner at the NE corner of the family room.

I have attached a drawing of the room and will also include a photo of the room as well.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome

Comments (10)