Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kam76

Fun blacksplash for girls bathroom

kam76
9 years ago

I am trying to pick out the backsplash for my girl's bathroom (9 and 4 years old). They have white cabinets, SW sea salt on the walls and Bleuga Formica counter tops.

Comments (15)

• kam76
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My four year old says the counter top looks like "bubbles" .

I am wondering if a glass backsplash like this one might be good?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Is the top photo of the counter?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Ah, I see that it is.

I LOVE that backsplash. That is way cool. But, with the Beluga formica, is it too much in the way of bubbles?

• kam76
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes the top is the counter. I was worried about that. From "afar" the counter top reads kind of greeny-gray. You only see the bubbles when you are right up on top of it. I will try to get a photo in the room.

• Olychick
    9 years ago

That's a great formica! I wouldn't repeat the bubbles with that glass backsplash tile... it detracts from both elements I think - the scale is too close, the colors and materials are off. I'd do a plain glass tile in one of the colors from the Beluga, maybe a soft lime

or grayish green like the subway tile in this pic

[Transitional Powder Room[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/transitional-powder-room-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_713~s_2112) by Sammamish Interior Designers & Decorators Kasabella

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I found pics of the Beluga formica as a bathroom counter. I think that backsplash would look GREAT! Esp. for a kids' bathroom.

I would hold the sample up to the formica, though, to make sure the colors don't clash.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Backpainted glass.

Glass that's painted or printed.

• voila
    9 years ago

It might be fabulous. If the countertop is installed, a picture of the tile in the room above the vanity would help. I think the Beluga will blend together from afar. If the color is off, round tiles in lime green may still work. The color should be spot on to look right. Can't wait to see it. How much tile are you using? What is on the floor?

• kam76
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is a pic of the countertop. The builder installed their standard tile back splash even though I told them not to. So i had to pull that off before it set.

• Olychick
    9 years ago

now that I see how subdued the pattern is overall, I think the bubble tile could work, if the colors in it work. Can you get a sample and place it where it would be installed?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I think they're great and a lot of fun. In fact, I don't' think the backslash is enough. I'd get extra tile and make a frame for the mirror out of them as well.

• musicteacher
    9 years ago

I love that backsplash for a kids' bathroom!! I am wondering how you "finish" it. Do you have to put a border on it, or just bevel the grout towards the wall ?

• Oakley
    9 years ago

I'll be the dissenting vote here. lol. While it's very pretty, it's too grown up, and not at all feminine. It doesn't have to be pink or anything, but something cheery and bright.

• kam76
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have no idea how to finish it musicteacher...great question! Anyone know? I didn't see any finishing pieces that were in the same line, I almost feel like a pencil line or something like that would mess with the bubble effect a bit. My girls have rejected all things pink/purple and their favorite colors are green and blue. Their room is stem green- hope to show you guys that pretty soon. This will also be (albeit very occasional) guest bathroom as well.

I need to pick hardware and a shower curtain/rugs as well. It is probably a good idea to have the backsplash ironed out first but I was thinking something like these.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Love that knob.

I rather like the idea of a whimsical but more sophisticated design for a child's bathroom. I love this idea of yours, Kam.

For the towels and rugs, just go with white. Always looks best, IMO, and allows the other elements, like your tile and knobs, to show better. Maybe a fun curtain, though.