|im a male, 17 and i have blue walls. my tv is mounted on the wall and there is a entertainment cabinet thing 2 feet under it. the walls are so bear next to the tv and i want ideas on what i can put there. not speakers. maybe shelves, i would like to hear some ideas|
|How about some nice posters that you may enjoy in your room or shelve are always useful too. I was also thinking a bulletin board for any notes, pics etc. If you google teen boys room and then go to images on the left column you'll see lots of pics of rooms and get really good ideas.|
|I like your idea of shelves next to your TV and cabinet. You might check out Ikea if you have one near you. Their Expedit shelving units come in various sizes and look great. You can insert a few woven baskets that Ikea has which fit into the shelves if you have things that would look cluttery otherwise or to contain smaller things. The units can also be stacked so they can be almost floor to ceiling. We recently did this in a study/guest room. We have 9 ft ceilings so we put 2 stacked narrow expedit units on either side of a day bed, and we were happy with the effect. |
You can also find good deals on bookshelves on craigslist, and you might be able to find a pair there.
What else do you have in the room? On your other walls, you could put large photos/art work/maps etc that you find appealing. If you take a picture and upload it, you might get even more specific help here.
|If you're at all handy, you might like this invisible book shelf idea...I think it's way cool. And it's green as you're recycling books...maybe do maybe 3 of them staggered on each side of the TV....if you don't have the books, you can head to the goodwill or yard sales and get some for cheap....|
Here is a link that might be useful: Invisible book shelf
|I thought this was a clever idea, too, and would be inexpensive and unique. Either with or without the graphic wall sticker: |
I think bookshelves are a good idea, too. Maybe something like these? You can find inexpensive ones at Ikea, Target or other home stores.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.