Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19756839

update: knowing my limits in diy decorating

User
11 years ago

I am finally finished the process took longer than I anticipated with holidays and getting the flu but it is finally done. Just so everyone knows I am super cheap and if there is no deal there is no purchase. All the paint in my home is hand mixed mistints that I buy at 4$ per gallon except for white I have to pay full price for that. So here goes the before pic for those who don't remember or haven't seen yet

{{!gwi}}

the limit was I had to hire someone to do the crown molding on top of the cabinets. Here is the after

{{!gwi}}

The cabinets were plain cheap builder grade to start with then I added bead board wallpaper to the center. Then 4 coats of white paint. The counters were laminate over plywood (too soft for that use) so though it was only 8 yrs old it had cracks in it where stuff had fallen on it. Rustoleum Stoneffects with the counter top coating solved that. 2 parts galaxy one part silver beach. The new faucet is a delta from home depot (sorry don't remember the name)The valance is temporary as I had the fabric in the house already so threw something up for the after pics. Oh I forgot we changed out the knobs for handles again home depot multi pack $27 for 10 handles. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement to hire someone it was hard not only because I am cheap but I like to do things myself too. It was so worth it he did a fantastic job you would have laughed if you had seen what we had first put up.(I was too embarrassed for pics)--- for the rest of the pics click on one of the pictures and it should send you to photobucket.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations