Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
theclose

Update on my nursery

theclose
10 years ago

We now have curtains and pictures hung! I really love it. The curtains on the double window wall need to be shortened but I am enjoying the longer naps that come with the darkness too much! Might wait until winter for that. I think it needs something over the crib, but that will come in time. I am also still waiting for my new chair so the current chair can go back in the master.

Thanks to all of you that contributed to my previous thread re: furniture arrangement!! Really appreciate all the wonderful advice from this forum.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (19)

• Lyban zone 4
    10 years ago

Your nursery looks lovely.
    Nice colors.

• tracie.erin
    10 years ago

What a classically pretty room. The pale walls and furnishings look especially nice with the dark floors/doors and white trim - which makes me happy since that's what I have in my home ;) The curtains and curtain hardware is a nice touch as well, very feminine.

I'd love to know the paint color if you don't mind. We plan to start a family in the next few years and you really nailed the non-sugary, elegant pink look.

• theclose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you both so much! I really am pleased with how it turned out. I had been waiting so long for it all to come together. I will definitely post again once I get my chair.

@tracie.erin, it is Elephant Pink by Benjamin Moore. I have to admit I had another pink picked out (Farrow & Ball Middleton Pink, which is even lighter) but I went to see a colorist in a paint store in Manhattan and he convinced me to go with Elephant Pink. I am so glad I did! It is definitely pinker but can grow with my daughter. I already have plans for the next phase of her room! I also LOVE my dark doors - can't wait to see yours!!

• bird_lover6
    10 years ago

What a pleasant and absolutely charming room for a baby girl to grow up in! I love it.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

How pretty!

• nhb22
    10 years ago

Very pretty and elegant. I must have missed your earlier thread. Do you already have your baby girl? You mentioned long naps. Love your changing table, too. What piece of furniture is that?

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

What a sweet and charming room! Love the chandelier, too!!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

I love it. Sweet without being saccharine. Different without trying to hard.

Decorating nurseries for my two daughters (they were only 54 weeks apart, so we needed two of them) was one of my favorite projects. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from this lovely, thoughtful, special room!

• Sheeisback_GW
    10 years ago

It looks wonderful! I like the new arrangement. Love the fabrics, curtains, chandelier....the whole thing. Nice job and congratulations!

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Just gorgeous! And, a room she can grow into for many years to come.

• maggiepie11
    10 years ago

great choice on the layout, and so nice to see the curtains up!!

• Pipdog
    10 years ago

beautiful room! just a word of caution for those curtains and the location of the changing table -- the changing table is pretty close to the curtains, and with both of my kids I experienced accidents and blow outs while I was changing them. I would hate to see those beautiful curtains ruined. Is there another spot in the room for the changing table away from the curtains? Also, as your baby gets older, they will likely start pulling on the curtains while you are trying to change them. Last year, my daughter started yanking on the curtains in our living room and pulled the wooden rod right out of the wall. It came tumbling down, thankfully not on top of her, but it broke a vase and damaged our hardwood floors. It could have been a really bad accident if it hit her in the head.

• Laurie
    10 years ago

Congratulations : )
    Your nursery is beautiful!

• theclose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all so much!

@newhomebuilder, the changing table is an old console table from my grandmother. My mom used it in the entryway of our home and then passed it on to me. We had it refurbished and painted navy blue when our son was born. One day we will repurpose it elsewhere.

@cat_mom, thanks! I love that chandelier. We lucked out as it was in the house when we moved in. It was in the breakfast area but I had it moved upstairs.

@mtnrdredux, I agree! The nursery has been so much fun to decorate. The fabric on the crib skirt is one that I have been holding onto since 2005! I fell in love with it and bought it in hopes of having a girl one day. So glad that worked out for me!

@maggiepie, I love the curtains!! I am very pleased with them.

@pipdog, our favorite spot for the changing table (and the only other one available!) is catty-corner where the green slipper chair is but it is much better having it against a wall. My daughter is a grabber and we have to move the curtains over when we change her. Definitely have to be vigilant!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Re pipdog's comment, maybe you can just pin the curtains together at the top and swag that one window treatment to the right side with a tieback. It would look soft and lovely and keep them out of harm's way.

• Boopadaboo
    10 years ago

Gorgeous room! I cant' wait to do rooms for my boys someday. :)

• vsalzmann
    10 years ago

pipdog's comment was my first thought. My son ruined a really nice drapery panel with a blowout.

Other than that- beautiful!

• marthastoo
    10 years ago

Very pretty! I used the same toile fabric in your bedskirt on my DD's bedroom. We went with a pink/green/yellow palette. I loved that toile so much. She's 12 now and we redecorated her room over a year ago with PB Teens linens.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Such a pretty room! I really like both of your chairs too.

Had to laugh at pipdog's observation as it brought back memories that weren't very funny at the time.