Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinions Please/ I'm Narrowing Down Paint Colors

Posted by amck (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 18:05

My open plan main floor will feature floor to ceiling cabinets in the kitchen that are Plain & Fancy's Buttercream. It is very near BM's White Dove. I am thinking of doing the walls in the kitchen & adjoining areas in BM Carrington Beige. I'm leaning toward BM Simply White for all the trim.

For upstairs bedrooms I am considering White Dove for the walls and carrying the Simply White throughout for trim.

Do you think these colors, specifically the two white shades, work well together?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinions Please/ I'm Narrowing Down Paint Colors

Bumping this for you since there are no replies yet. I'm not a color expert, but personally, I'm not so sure multiple whites work together, unless maybe they have the same undertone. Hopefully some of our color people will weigh in!

o
RE: Opinions Please/ I'm Narrowing Down Paint Colors

Thanks, kimberlykb, for the bump. I know how hard it is to offer specific color advice without attached pics, so I didn't anticipate lots of replies. I held out hope that some might be familiar enough with these paint colors to comment on whether they saw them as compatible.

We've had to move out of our home because all the bedrooms had to be emptied for ww/carpet removal and installation of new wood floors. We only get in the house at night to check on progress. Between the lack of natural light and the disarray on the main floor because of construction, I haven't been able to get helpful new photos to post.

But one thing I discovered just today is that the P&F door sample I have is not the close match to White Dove that I thought it was when I matched it up against the paint chip. When I put it up against larger samples it reads closer to BM White Chocolate.

I much prefer the White Chocolate with Simply White for trim. They both read warm white to me and seem to work better than White Dove w/ Simply White. White Dove's grey tones looked a bit dingy when they were side by side.

I'm still liking Carrington Beige next to the cab and granite samples and plan to use it throughout the main floor instead of another white.

Would love to hear if anyone here has used Carrington Beige.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here