Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it possible to update pleated sheers with trim or something?

Posted by fripper (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 17:56

I'm still in a quandary about window treatments for our casual little dining room, which opens to both the kitchen and living room. Walls are soft yellow and the only ready-made panels I can find that look decent with yellow walls are blue. (Green seems to bring out a green hue in the wall color.) However, my kitchen floor, which can be seen from the dining room, is a darkish green porcelain tile. Just remembered I have two pair of perfectly good custom-made white semi-sheer draperies in storage. Pulled them out and sorta draped one on side of the window, but it's soooooo plain with the yellow walls -- no 'punch' at all! Was wondering if anyone had ever added a trim, fringe, or something to semi-sheers to perk 'em up a little. Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it possible to update pleated sheers with trim or somethin

I recently lengthened some sheers for a bedroom. I stitched 14" of fabric to the top and added a piece of decorative trim over the seam. Then I hung them with clip rings. Not sure you can use this idea if you want to keep your pleats. Otherwise, you could snip the pleats open and sew your fabric over that part. In the MBR, I did the same treatment but put the contrasting fabric at the bottom (no trim added). There's a 4" hem at the top and bottom so I can hang them upside down if I'd rather.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here