Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lacquering Walls

Posted by beekeeperswife (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 12 at 17:46

Has anyone lacquered a painted wall to give it a very high glossy shine? I want the walls to look wet. I'm not posting a picture, if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about, just google lacquered walls under images.

If so, can you tell me what you used and if there are any tricks to it so it looks good, no, great.

Thanks
Bee

Here is a link that might be useful: my google search results

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lacquering Walls

It's basically just a basecoat clearcoat application. But the surface you start with must be PERFECT. The trick to it looking great is to have impeccable drywall work or a hand plastered wall from a true professional. Glossy surfaces show every single imperfection. The other secret is spray application from a professional with the right equipment and lots of coats of clear, with wet sanding to polish it out. That generally is best done in a shop and "panels" applied to a wall rather than attempting to do it in a home. There is no good water based lacquer, and it's pretty toxic and stinky, not just to apply, but to cure.

o

l_w_o....ugh. That's what I thought. I read about having it sprayed. Oh well, that isn't happening. I guess I'll go the other direction...dead flat. I love that BM Matte finish.

o

I have the BM Matte in dark colors in my kitchen and in the DR...Thyme Green and Belgian Chocolate. I love the finish and always think it looks so lush.

But...boy oh boy those black walls in your link..that bathroom...whew baby...I sure would do that in a heartbeat if i had a place to do it....c

o

My painter has also done it with Fine Paints of Europe in the ultra high gloss finish.

They did 7 coats of spackle and sanding prior to applying the paint in the last application I am aware of (for someone else, I couldnt afford this)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here