Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does this Resin lamp look Bad?

Posted by Bumblebeez (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 22, 13 at 17:41

The whole resin thing is bugging me but this lamp and the everything about it is perfect for a certain spot. It's cheap enough too, 166 w/free shipping It's on sale.
Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does this Resin lamp look Bad?

Not bad. Where is it going?

o

It looks pretty similar to wood barley twist floor lamps by Currey and Company at $500+ a pop and Ethan Allen, etc., so it seems like a good enough deal. I find the shade a bit clumsy.

o

Thanks for your replies. It's going on a table in the bedroom, the shade is my favorite part! I started out looking at Frederick Cooper but sadly, had to stop.

o

Ah, for some reason I thought this was a floorlamp so I thought the pleating on the shade looked heavy. On a small lamp, it's fine.

o

Is it about the size of a buffet lamp? I too thought it might be larger and the shade a tad small for such a long base. I think it will be wonderful for the bedroom.

o

I think it's about 30" high.

o

I really like it.

o

I love it. Quite worrying about the "hate resin" trend! One nice lamp does not make a house full of resin junk.

One of my favorite buffet style lamps is resin. $25 at Garden Ridge :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here