Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bac717gw

I'm disappointed in my new bedding for the MBR

bac717
9 years ago

I finally received the bedding I ordered from Arhaus. Due to an oversight in processing the order at the store, the order was delayed about 10 days. Anyway, I have it on the bed and unfortunately, I'm a little disappointed in a few details and am trying to decide if I'm being too picky (I'm pretty much a pro at that) or I'm just being silly. First of all, the pattern on the pillow shams is very random, not centered at all. In addition to that, each sham is entirely different, I happen to have three (one from my first order to see if it works with the bed and two that I ordered along with the quilt) and that's the case no matter how I flip them around. My other concern is a random line of quilting in the quilt on the bed (shown with little arrows that I added in my feeble attempt to use Paint). On the entire bed, this is the only place it shows up. One positive thing, tho, is that the pattern in centered on the bed.

I'm seriously considering going in an entirely different direction at this point. I'm just not hopeful that ordering multiples of the pillow shams will result in anything different from what I have. And at this point, I don't have the time to make a bunch of trips to the store. I need to be out of town at the end of next week for awhile, so if I need to return, I need to do it now. I was really hoping to have this done before I left, but the delay in the order messed up that plan.

I paid a lot of money for this bedding and hoped for a little more attention to detail. Am I being too picky? What would you do? Here are a few pictures:

Close-up of the shams:

Arrows pointing to the random line in the quilt:

Sorry this is so long, but many thanks for your help!

Comments (25)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I don't think you're being picky. I think the shams are discordant (the one thing I'd want to match on my bed would be shams), and the seam down the spread would be like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. It's out of place and looks like it's a flaw.

• carsonheim
    9 years ago

agree with Tib -- send it back

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

I agree...send it back. That's not first quality workmanship.

• LucyStar1
    9 years ago

I would not be happy with it, either. The pattern on the pillow shams should be centered. That line of stitching on the quilt appears to be a flaw. You should return it because you will never be happy with it.

• sis2two
    9 years ago

I'd send it back too. You are not being picky.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Especially if they were expensive, you aren't getting your money's worth...back they go.

• sas95
    9 years ago

We bought some bedding at Arhaus and the quality was atrocious. I would never buy a thing from them again, seriously. Uneven colors. Pillow shams missing buttons. Just awful.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I'm usually not that picky, but both of those things would bother me too, especially if I had paid a lot of money (for what look like "seconds").

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Yep, it looks like second quality stuff. I would return it.

• sixtyohno
    9 years ago

The line on the quilt would make me nuts. Send it back. Sorry for your trouble.

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

No, that's not right and you're not being too picky. Send it back.

i went to their website to see how they show the pattern match on the shams but they don't really give you a clear enough shot to know if one pillow matches the next. Surely that's not an accident. I would not trust that ordering multiples would yield 2 that match enough and the bottom line is you should not have to do that. What a shame.

• bac717
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh my, I'm feeling so much better now about my concerns! I really appreciate all the feedback that's come in so quickly. I will take everything off the bed and return it all tomorrow. That will put me back to searching for new bedding, but I will wait until after my trip. Thank you all so much for your support!

BTW, that line on the quilt practically jumped out at me every time I walked into the room, but I really thought I was just being too picky.

• dedtired
    9 years ago

Those shams would make my eyeballs boil every time I walked in the room. A definite return. Too bad because otherwise it is quite pretty. I think I dragged home no less than ten quilts/coverlets/duvets for my guest room before settling on one. I finally stuck with one I got on ebay because it was such a bargain.

• aprilmack
    9 years ago

I've been told that I'm picky as well. The mismatched shams and random line would drive me crazy. Send them back.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I'm glad you are sending it back. That is totally unacceptable. It would be gorgeous if the craftsmanship was there.

I am very fond of this Pinecone Hill quilt and I can vouch for the quality of Pinecone Hill bedding. You may not care for the scalloped edges though as it is a bit more fussy looking but I love it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fanny Quilt

• LucyStar1
    9 years ago

I have the Bates Queen Elizabeth bedspread and the pattern is centered on the shams.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bates Queen Elizabeth

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Late to the party but glad you are sending it back for all the reasons discussed. That is totally unsatisfactory so I hope they give you a full refund,including any shipping charges each way. That set should not be sold as first quality.

• Laurie
    9 years ago

bac717 - very lovely MBR. There is a coverlet that I've seen in person at a model home & have put on my "some day wish list". It's made by Pine Cone Hill. Your quilt/spread reminds me of it, however your "print/quilting" is larger in scale. It comes in ivory or white & I believe other colors ,as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pine Cone Hill Scramble Matelasse Coverlet

• akl_vdb
    9 years ago

Glad you're taking it back. Look at it as a new way to start fresh!

• bac717
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for the suggestions for an alternative to what I have. All are lovely. I will take a peek at Pine Cone Hill's website, despite the fact that I said I need to wait until after my trip to start looking. Previously, I had a matelasse coverlet in what I would call a dark cream, paired with a black and cream toile, so maybe I should try going an entirely different direction.

I will be returning everything to the store and fortunately, do not have to worry about getting a refund on any shipping charges. At the time I ordered, I took advantage of a free shipping offer.

I am still disappointed, tho. I had high hopes for this bedding.

• bac717
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have just returned from returning the quilt and the shams without any trouble. Now on to Plan B, whatever that is!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Bac, bedding is so much fun! I have the Pineconehill Madeline quilt and I love it! I may also buy the Fannie quilt so I can swap them out. Do you want an off white/ivory again or do you want color?

• bac717
    Original Author
    9 years ago

holly - I've been looking at Pine Cone Hill. They have some beautiful things there. I'm not sure at this point if I will do an off white/ivory again. What I had previously was a dark ivory matalesse, so in spite of thinking I wanted a monochromatic color scheme in our bedroom, I might consider a color. Maybe even something like this:

I know it's a complete 180. Anyway, I can't begin to start shopping around until after my trip, despite being so anxious to find something.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Bac, that is so beautiful! I loved your first one too but this blue is so elegant. I like it even more than the original.

I always seem to go for beautiful prints but this time wanted something more calming but then went with the Madeline.

• bac717
    Original Author
    9 years ago

holly - I think because I had the dark cream matelasse for so long, I may want a print for a change. Altho, the look I had in mind when we recently painted was serene & relaxing.