Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
monicakm1

(Bathroom) Paint Help for the Paint Challanged

monicakm_gw
9 years ago

I can hold my own when it comes other aspects of remodeling but when it's time to choose a paint color...forget about it! And this one is going to be tuff. The granite will be on my husband's 36" long vanity in his bathroom. The rm size is 5x8. I need a paint color that won't look anemic and boring with this bold granite. Nothing else has been picked out yet but the vanity will be a med stain and the porcelain wood planks will be med. This bathroom opens up to a bedroom painted in med sage green but accessories are rich autumn colors. The whole house is darker rich tones. Every room includes a splash of orange. The Cowboy Chic den has walls of a burnished pumpkin. I'm not afraid of color :) Don't want it to be too dark but it needs to hold it's own in there. I'll have plenty of lighting. I'm strongly considering this glass sink in undermount. If I don't get it, there will be a white undermount. Tub surround tile hasn't been considered yet. The last granite picture is the most accurate as far as coloring/shading. And one last thing. Can someone ID the fauct in the upper right corner?
Thanks!
Monica

Comments (9)

• Kiwigem
    9 years ago

In my old house we had a powder room with those colors and I painted it SW Roycroft Pewter. It was very handsome and got a lot of attention!

This post was edited by Kiwigem on Sun, Aug 17, 14 at 18:39

• monicakm_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you kiwigem. I'm afraid that color would be too contemporary and "cool" for our style. I'm sure it looked great, just not what I'm looking for.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

BM Midsummer Night. You won't be sorry.

• cawaps
    9 years ago

I like the Midsummer Night. Other colors in the same vein (warm blacks/dark taupes) are BM Stone Gray, BM Medieval Brown, BM Black Tar.

In oranges and reds, what about BM Brick Red, BM Pumpkin Spice, or BM Corlsbud Canyon.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

BM buttered yam

• monicakm_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

These dark gray colors are so tempting! That would be one beautiful and uber dramatic bathroom! But...there is nothing in my house that color and I'm afraid it would look totally out of place. The master bedroom and bath are a total break (in color) from the rest of the house but that's ok with me. This bathroom is what company uses and in the middle of the house. My home is shades of reddish earth (tile), med sage, burnished golds, deep reds, plums, browns and tans, black and a touch of orange. Granites are Baltic Brown and Black Galaxy. Wall colors that are next to this bathroom are a medium sage and a golden tan. I know gray is a popular color right now, but I just don't see it working in this setting. Dang it! The more I envision it, the more I like it (LOL) A couple of the orange shades were interesting and would work with surrounding wall colors and decor. Thanks so much for the suggestions. Any others?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

How about BM Wenge, which is a gorgeous raisin-y brown?

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

BM Roxbury Caramel. Or something in that family. Not as orange as buttered yam. This is our powder room. The stone isn't as bold as yours, but I tried many samples before getting it right with the copper sink and fixtures. I still haven't replaced the mirror!

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21