Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Busy decorating weekend for me

Posted by Aputernut (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 17:14

Sat. with DH's help we created a new headboard design over our 15 yr. old one we made right on the wall, the wallpaper was a lil bit worn off in spots so this is my new idea. Who says lattice is only for fences?
Then today I decided to start repainting some of our concrete garden statues that have gotten really weather beaten, have a few more to do, this lil lady sits on a bench holding a solar light in her hands, with her lil dog by her side he is still to be repainted.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Busy decorating weekend for me

You have certainly been busy-- that is an ingenious headboard! Your bedroom seems familiar, are you in Florida and did you post several years ago? If so, nice to see you! (If not, nice to see you as well ;-)

o

Your room looks so comfortable. Clever way to make a headboard. Did you say you covered the previous headboard?

What a neat garden statue. You must have a very steady hand. She looks so much happier now too.

o

Your room looks so relaxing. I love blue in any room but it really shines in the bedroom. That was a very clever use of lattice work.

o

Nothing like a pedicure to make everything look new! Nice job.

o

to kswl, I have been at this forum many yrs. yes. and live in FL. 34 yrs. and to:
Marti8 there is no real headboard, it was simply made at first with leftover border paper and the frame around it directly on the wall, now the lattice is on top of the paper directly on the wall. I had 8 pillows on my bed, but they hid the lattice so I removed a few.
Thanks for the nice comments.

o

Does the statue hold something? I'd love to see her in a the garden.

Looks like you had fun!

o

Quick thought? Can you add pupils to the statue? I can't tell if she has them and she read a tad spooky...

o

Marys' lil dog painted today, he's easy! and to kitchy, yes she holds a solar light and to mtndredux, she has pupils, here's a close up, light blue eyes hard to see them

o

Beautiful work!

o

Mary's pup is adorable :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here