Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interior Shutters ~ any good resources?

Posted by kawfeeaddict (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 4, 12 at 17:05

We would like traditional white painted shutters for a guest room and two bathrooms.

Does anyone know of any online resources for some of good quality?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interior Shutters ~ any good resources?

I just bought the last ones at a lumber yard....Menards or Lowes....probably Menards. I would think that an on-line source would be prohibitive to ship.

o

Do you mean solid interior shutters? I would look at Lowe's or Home Depot, or for a more custom product, a local manufacturer. We had solid shutters in the upstairs bedrooms of our previous home and there's no better light and heat control.

o

Solid is nice too however we were thinking of a traditional style with operable louvers.

o

We recently ordered plantation shutters from blindsonsale.com. We got free samples from 3 different online sites and went with this company, getting white faux wood ones. The quality seems good, though the very ends of the louvers (not the louvers themselves) are not quite as smooth as the previous ones we had in another home--though this is not something that is visible, just something you can feel when touching them. Their phone support was good during our installation and the installation was easy.

We had used blinds.com with good success before, but I think whatever company you use, just request free samples to see what you'll be getting. I got samples from another place that we didn't use because of the way the ends were finished off and the quality of the material they made theirs from. Unfortunately I can't recall now the one we rejected.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here