|Yes, I already posted in flooring. We will be renovating a co-op. What is the current popular floor color for hardwood? I would like a medium brown. |
I need a starting point to begin looking.
Names of colors would be helpful. .
|What is your budget? |
What kind of "hardwood" did you have in mind?
|To me good old oak like in grandmas house will always look good. I think floor finishers will be busy for years to come redoing floors back to the natural color for their species. Likewise I think hand scraped floors will scream mid 20teens.|
|Thanks. Floor will be oak.|
|Oak! Perfect for all ages, all decors. Leave them natural, don't try to apply color. Oak has an "open grain" and any attempts to stain will be unpredictable. |
Plus staining adds a lot of drying time.
And if you don't like it, removing it is almost impossible.
There are other very convincing reasons not to stain an oak floor. Pete says it much better than I do.
Read this before you stain your floor!
Here is a link that might be useful: Reasons not to stain your floor
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here