Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
About to order new RUG - today

Posted by tinker_2006 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 16:31

I know.. I have too many pots on the stove, but here goes another....

In my living room, I have an oriental rug, muted colors (I like ) the green chair in the back is being reupholstered in a aqua blue fabric, sofa's are white and walls are cream. Behind the sofa is the dining room I am working on, but I need to order a rug and I have been looking for weeks, and I think I narrowed it down to 2

I'm planning to move the rug from the living room into the dining room, and have the new one in the living room. They are both 9' x 12'... so I could go either way....

The room & the rugs: Of these 2 rugs.. which do you like best?

From 2012-08-02

From 2012-08-02

# 1

From 2012-08-02

From 2012-08-02

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: About to order new RUG - today

I vote for #1!!

tina

o

#1 is gorgeous! That's my fave!

o

You can't go wrong with either, but since Rug #1 still has yellow/gold, cream, green in it, I think the added blue would be gorgeous. Love your living room!

o

fabric on chair...

From 2012-08-02

both Rugs are beautiful.. so hard! waiting for hubby to look and give his opinion!

o

Definitely #1.

o

I love the first one but the second is nice too. The blue between the two couches would be stunning.

o

I vote for #1. I'm confused though! What happened to the one you bought last month for your dining room? That was a perfect rug for your silvery blue walls and dark furniture.

o

bonnie, good memory! That rug is in the breakfast room. This breakfast room is between ALL the rooms, it's sits in the middle.

o

I like number one! The second one seems very similar to the rug that's already there.

o

They are both lovely, but I would choose the second one. Down the line it would give you more options to change the accent color in the room. Right now it would be lovely with the blue tones, but later it would work with what appear to be burgundies, maybe a sage green or any range of golds and rusts.

It would also let you bring in the blue in other accents, without the room suddenly feeling like it is blue everywhere.

o

Color aside, number one has a much more interesting pattern, especially on the border.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here